How to clean out the resin in a sherlock

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by 420Hazo, Jun 11, 2009.

1. How do i clean out the resin (so i can smoke it) out of my sherlock.

there's a link to the pictures of it in my sig.

2. A tooth pick or a wire brush would be your best bet, and after you get out all the resin you can, if you want to clean it more put it in a plastic bag with salt and water, and shake it violently. You can strain this watery substance if you want, but it my end up salty adn will take some time to dry.

3. no i dont want to waste the resin...i want to roll it in a ball and smoke it.

4. Thats why I suggested
    1) A toothpick - to pick out the resin and you can collect it
    2) To strain the water, so the large pieces of resin are collected.

5. I remember that thread with pics of your sherlock. I checked to see if I posted... sadly, I did not.

6. Why in the world would you want to put straight tar in your lungs for a nasty smoke? Go buy some bud.

7. who said it's for its me?

and yes i know what your talking about aero, thats why i did go buy some.

8. You did. :p

9. Haha fine...im guilty of it haha :)

but on one note, i only smoked resin once...just so you guys know haha, its not a usual thing. just wondering how i would get it out without washing it out

10. hahaha sounds like you are talkin about black tar or crack or something

"i only did it once"

11. I usually boil my pieces when they are super res-y. Drain the water afterward and then let all the resin sit on a window sill all day. Between 3 pieces I yielded like 1.5-2grams probably,resin makes me too stupid though haha

12. Screw the resin. Give that baby a nice 91% isopropal alchy bath and it will be fit for a king

13. yeah 91% iso wash it and if you want to keep the shitty resin :p let the iso sit on a plate by a window and evaporate. scrape up whats left over after all the iso evaporates and then smoke it if you choose to :(

14. grunge off that shit and forget the resin.

BUT if your really desperate, just find anything long and bendy and sturdy enough to do some scratching. Maybe a hot water bath, but i wouldnt put anything else on it. resin is gross enough w/o iso or any other cleaning product..

15. never boil glass pieces it weakens the glss and may crack

16. hmm curious.
    what about vaping resin?

i know about vaping wand hash..but what about resin from a pipe?

prob be a helluva lot cleaner?? prob still taste like shit..but..

:confused:

17. For real, the resin really isn't worth it, I use grunge off and it works so well on all of my pieces. It makes cleaning a percd bong so much easier.

18. You know, whatever i just wont smoke the resin. its not worth it at all actually...so yeah. just going to "make it fit for a king"

Thanks guys

19. resin is free weed man. dont listen to the haters!
    FREE WEED:eek:

20. well i usually use a small knife or u can use something similar to a cedit card if u dont want small scratches