How to clean metal pipes

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Snoopdawgg420, Aug 31, 2021.

1. #1 Snoopdawgg420, Aug 31, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    Before I can get a hold of:

Ziploc bag
    Rubbing alcohol
    Some Q-tips

What is the best way to clean a metal pipe? I heard boiling it in water for 30 minutes and clean it out with a Q-tip would work. Are there any better ways?

Edit: It's a small one-hitter.

2. #2 DaPhats, Aug 31, 2021
    You can use hot tap water. Turn the hot water tap on half way (adjust as necessary) and put the mouthpiece's opening under the water. It should shoot all the gunk out the choke and bowl.

NOTE: This will leave some gunk inside your sink and you'll need something to clean it up. I use alcohol but since you don't have that other household cleaners work too. Mr. clean magic erasers, bathroom cleaners, dish soap, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 GroBuddy, Aug 31, 2021
    I use green piece cleaner I get off Amazon, I break my pipe down put it in a cup with lid add the cleaner let it sit for a little bit them vigorously shake the cup. Rise it out with hot water holding pipe pieces with tweezers then dry everything with a Q-tip. I've boiled as well stinks your entire house up and ruins the pot.

Attached Files:

4. I'll just go to the dollar store and later and get the stuff I mentioned in the first post. Also, how often should I be cleaning this thing? I use it everyday.

5. I only clean mine when it starts getting clogged

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It's a taster-one-hitter metal pipe btw.

7. upload_2021-8-31_14-49-53.jpeg
    Burn it out. Wire brush the loose carbon off.
    Done deal

BNW

8. Sorry didn't catch that? Also can't see the picture.

9. Use it every day ....clean it every day

salt and iso do wonders

10. I just bought the following from Dollarama:

MediCare Dispensing Pump: 70% Rubbing Alcohol (174ml)
    Softswabs Cotton Swabs: 350 pieces (100% Cotton Tips)
    30 XL Ziploc Seal Top Bags (17.7cm x 20.3cm)

How do I go about cleaning my metal weed pipe with these supplies?

11. To clean a metal smoking pipe, make sure you have: Alcohol - Isopropyl alcohol 70% is ideal, but you can also try vodka or whiskey that's at least 140 proof.

12. Joint ,lathe, drill bit, sand paper, polishing cream
    [​IMG]
    rubber band drive
    [​IMG]
    not rubber band drive
    [​IMG]