Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to clean metal bowl and rubber downstem?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bamf64, Mar 2, 2011.

1. i have a cheepo acrylic bong with a metal bowl, but a downstem thats like a tube of rubber(i know, its really shitty. i thought it was metal when i bought it.) the downstem doesnt detach from the bowl but if i removed them from the bong and stuck it in a bag with iso and salt would it work? or would the iso hurt the rubber or something?

2. It should be fine, unless im unaware of some chemical reaction that might take place, but even still you would have to leave it for hours, and it only takes a min or two to shake a pipe clean. Just do it, you'll be fine, and its cheap anyways, if it broke thats just another excuse to upgrade to some glass.

3. ya thats what i was thinking. but i love this bong haha

4. I don't think you should use alcohol on rubber.

5. Are you sure it is a rubber downstem. Most bongs like this have a rubber grommet with an aluminum or glass stem. The stem and grommet can be cleaned with alcohol. The alcohol will not affect the rubber grommet. Do not use iso on the acrylic bong parts. Oxyclean soap and warm water will clean the plastic parts.

6. yes im sure its rubber. and i took it all apart it doesnt really need cleaning yet.