How to clean glass

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by jayski, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Cant seem to find someone on the same brainwave as me on here about glass cleaning. Its ok, you SHOULDNT USE SALT!!! Most ppl use rubbing alcohol and salt... Salt causes micro scratching in glass and makes water staining happen soo much easier. Use iso alcohol and CANE SUGAR!!! Or formula 420, but im pretty sure it has salt in it ... For tough resin in bowls or downstems ill use the salt but for my pipes CANE SUGAR!!!

2. Yea sometimes you have to do an extra iso alcohol risne to get the extra sugar out but its worth it.. If you mean 420 cleaner i feel you tho.... Shit has a film that you can only rinse off with hot ass water which bums me out... Butt the natural 420 cleaner puts in work and is fully natural

3. Home Brew Store and ask for PBW (Powdered Brewer's Wash)
    It is a bar cleaner and rinse that makes glass sparkle.

4. You know what the pbw is made from? Ill do my research... Ive heard ppl use this stuff called alconox from amazon .com for water staining too but i have yet to try it....

5. They use it to wash and rinse glassware in bars so must not be too toxic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pbw is definitely not good for you, however you don't leave it behind so...

But isopropyl is way worse for ya hahaha

I use pbw for the hard water stains in my glass, works so well

But when it comes to a really dirty piece it has a harder time getting it as clean very quickly I've noticed... It doesn't dissolve the resin so easily

• Like Like x 1
  7. PBW / Boiling water / repeated washes / rinse = Sparkling Clean glass

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. rinse with distilled water and you dont have to worry about stains. Also use distilled water to fill up your piece, keeps it looking nicer longer.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. I still get stains on some pieces of glass even when using distilled water. My tap water is from a fresh, clean well. The ph of my well is slightly acidic(6.5) thats not really an issue tho. Distilled water still can have trace amounts of plastics of other things unless you are buying it in glass containers. But if you have to chose.. city flouride water vs distilled... Distilled is much better. Also anyone ever use ro water? (Reverse osmosis) :confusedalt:

• Like Like x 1