how to clean bongs with percs??

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Bakobuds, Feb 9, 2011.

1. I used the search engine but came up dry. I have a stright shot or a tube with 1 6 arm perc. ive tryed epsom salt all i can get is the bottom by the stem and the top by th splash guard but how do i get the middle? and idk if you guys know the bongs with the i would say like paint matierial that colors the bong ive been scrapin it off with an xacto is there anyway to get that off to. thanks guys:D

2. #2 Barnaby Jones, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
    buy a high concentration of acetone. i have like 90something % and it works awesome. seriously as soon as i shake the bong it all comes off better than anything ive ever tried. for best results try Acetone And Salt. the kind of salt dosent really matter just make sure to put more than the liquid can absorb. the salt just sort of gives scrubbing power because salt is a solid, and its practical because with rinsing the salt gets absorbed and cleared out easily.

shaking is all you can really do to get it off.
    i dont know how percs work, never used one but just move the bong around till some acetone is inside the perc and shake it.

like i said acetone will work the best. it literally cleans bongs in seconds. dont use nailpolish remover. its like 30% and nasty as shit.

3. fasho thanks yeah i tryed alchol but nothin really happend but lemme try that.

4. #4 rsmokes, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
    just go buy some grunge off. it is the beat all end all. fill the bong with it, the best you can with no air. let it sit for 30 min if its really bad a hour. dump, rinse, good as new every time.

edit - plus i dont know about putting acetone in your bong. i was reading a thread about not using acetone for hash extraction because of impurities in the stuff that is readily available. lab grade is hard to come by. but anyway why use that when that is a one use and ive had this bottle of grunge for six months

5. I don't think he was asking what cleans it best. I think he wanted to know how to get the alcohol or cleaning agent in the little percolator areas. I had the same problem with my double perc. I could never clean the middle zones, cause I couldn't figure out how to get it inside it. But then it broke :(

6. No Acetone!!! 1st its not needed! 2nd if you were to leave some in there and breathed in the fumes it would be very bad for you!
    i personally use simple green because its so cheap, its re-usable, can be found anywhere and its non toxic!
    i bought a gallon of it at home depot and swung by there screw aisle and picked up a rubber stopper that fits into the downstem hole. plug it up and poor in simple green at the top so ur percs fill up it works excellent!!!
    [​IMG]

7. Ha ha. I was gonna say you really got a green theme goin' on, eh? Then I read your comment....

8. jaja yea alot of people think at first glance its green glass!

9. That beaker perc, though. Is the perc green? I can see a water line, and it appears to be green above it.

10. That's perf! that's what I needed. Something to plug the stem holes!

11. no all that glass is blue and clear except for the lil beaker on the right i believe its all clear except the label its black gold and gree

12. Haha thats a dope ass pic Vato, looks like some good glass too. Digging the section on the stemless.

13. oh man they work super! i tried the napkin thing and what a mess not for me, these things are wonderous!!!! they are rubber and squeeze in there and make an air tight seal so nothing comes out and they were only 65cents a piece so i got the whole box;) one of the best choices ever!

thanx man! i got it custom made with the Dallas Cowboys colors white blue and gray got a matching bowl too hits pretty sick!!! incase u wanna see the action:
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]

14. Simple green is great, however it will take off your labels if your not careful.

15. it will take off cheap labels i have yet to see a genuine label peel off, and if so...you're cleaning the inside not the outside with simple green. no reason why it should be on the label in the first place... at least in my opinion if it has any significance

16. Sick, feeling the color combo and milk dog:smoke:

17. hahahahahahahahahahahhahaha
    Nice pants mate:smoke:

18. Captain Spaulding!!! he is the shit!

19. thanks guys especially vato that worked perfect. now can you hep me with the other thing dog my bongs a cheap no name but its decent its got hat idk what youd call it like not paint on the outside but a coloring matierial but ive scraped most of it off with a little knife. do you think nail polish remover would work thanksss and i live in newhall right there in scv

20. the best way 2 get that stuff off is stinky, no nail polish wont work. you need 2 go to smart and final and get a big gallon of white vinegar...boil it, take it off the stove and slowly pour some on the bong or pour it into a diffrent container and let the bong sit that stuff will eat thru it and make is alot easier to get the stuff off then u can scrape it some more or rub it off with a washcloth