How to clean bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Kassidy, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Hello all. I would like to know your method of cleaning your bongs and pieces. I need to clean my bong badly. I always use rubbing alcohol and salt. But I have been to 10 different places today and nobody has rubbing alcohol with this whole issue going around itll probably be a couple weeks before I can find any. So please tell me how you all clean yours. Thankyou .

2. Coarse salt and something to replace the iso alcohol... maybe vodka if you have some to spare....or any kind of cleaner that doesn’t get bubbly.
    If you’re wondering, the salt is an abrasive that’ll help remove hard particles. Next you’ll need a cleaning solution as effective as iso alcohol. Any glass cleaner or floor cleaning products?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. it will take forever and need soaking over night, but lemon juice or vinegar, i think apple cider is the most acidic. Also great at removing hard water stains. Put a towel under it during the night, it bubbles for some reason.

4. #5 dankness420, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Hot water would likely work, I clean all my slides, bowl pieces and anything small in an ultra sonic cleaner(jewelry cleaner). I just put some hot tap water in, turn it on for 5 minutes and wipe it clean with a qtip or iso swab and its like new. I am also a fan of scrubber duckies, they are small magnetic scrubbers that you toss into your piece and can scrub all the hard to reach places with ease.

Edit: I'll add this, back in the day when we were young we would boil water in a pot on the bbq, pour that into our pieces and scrub clean with aquarium brushes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hi bro, I usually use ispropryl + granulated salt to clean the water pipe, if they are too busy you should soak the solution with water pipe overnight. But I think the problem is that you don't clean them often, making them more difficult to clean.

6. Shhhh! They aren't ready for that conversation yet! LOL.

Seriously though I use ISO alcohol 91% or very hot water, and some kind of salt to rub the resin off in a couple shakes. Just plug the holes of the piece you are cleaning with a paper towel, and shake!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. buy the Iso in bulk, its actually really useful and not that expensive

8. You could use naptha or some other type of oil stripper until you find some iso, just make sure you wash it out with soap real good afterwards too.