How to clean and extract honey

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BluntSmoke32, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Hello GC. My first post after months of lurking on this awesome site. Anyways, recently purchased the extreme Q vape and I love it. It was everything I wanted and more. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a dual vape.

But to the main point of the thread;
    This is my first vape, and it's time for it to be cleaned. I just had a few questions hopefully u experienced vape bladders could answer.

1. How do I extract the honey built up in the elbow piece?
    2. Is there any way to extract the honey from the bags? Or do I just throw them out?
    3. Is using rubbing alcohol fine? (I use to clean my bong with just straight vodka laying around the house. Worked fine, but recently a friend told me rubbing alcohol works better)
    4. What about the plastic tubing in the whip and bag attachment. Any way of cleaning those?
    5. (little off topic) anyone know if the honey is mostly CBDs or THC?

If anyone can help with any of the questions, that'd be great. Thanks GC. Smoke/vape up.

2. Anyone? Bump

3. #3 VladTepes, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
    Quick Wash Isopropyl, QWISO, is the easiest way of extracting that magical wand/vape hash.
    Get some high % isopropyl alcohol like 70% or 99% is a lot better. (NOT rubbing alcohol)
    Rinse your covered items with that and pour it onto a glass pyrex dish, Let the isopropyl evaporate fully by placing it under a fan and then scrape up the wonderful hash that is remaining when it's fully dried and evaped.

Throw the bags away or re-use them, Don't wash the inside of them unless you're really desperate I guess.
    Just rinse the plastic tubing, whip and the elbow piece and pretty much anything else that is covered you feel is worth saving.

Pretty sure that the oil that is left over is primarily CBD's and CBG's, As THC is usually vaped always off, But there is some thc left.

Goodluck. If you want more info on QWISO, just search the forum for hashmoufs thread.
    Welcome to the city :smoke:

4. What about CBN? :p

5. Anyone know how long I'd leave the elbow in the alcohol for in QWiSO wash? I know for trimmings and bud it's like 30secs/1min. Is it the same for extracting the honey??

6. well..until all of the oil iss off of the hardware.

And yes, CBN and many other canabinoids :)

7. [quote name='"VladTepes"']

well..until all of the oil iss off of the hardware.

And yes, CBN and many other canabinoids :)[/quote]

That's what I figured too. But I was worried not to mess it up, never extracted before.
    Hoping it's worth it. I was Vaping on some OG master kush, and the CBDs outta that stuff usually just put me straight to sleep. :/

8. From what I hear from people who scrape or rinse their vape equipment is that the oil is usually feeling on the indica side and tends to knock them out :p