How to clean a vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MasonJar, Jun 7, 2010.

1. #1 MasonJar, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    wutsup seasoned tokers, thought id ask here feel free to move if its in the wrong section...

neways I own a V-Tower vaporizer that mysteriously stopped turning on after a solid amount of time used with it. Now I have the dilemma of cleaning it so I can get a refund from the headshop I bought it from.

Only problem is I have no idea how to go about doing this anyone have any experience cleaning vapes that they can pass on?

any help is apreciated, toke onn

2. isopropyl alcohol and salt should do the trick

also, most headshops i've been to do NOT have any returns whatsoever.

3. 99% iso the shit out of all the glass and whip tubing, if you talk to the shop and take in the unit itself all cleaned out(make sure theres no stray buds inside the unit, it happens, and they should be able to send in for repair, warranty on arizer vapes is usually pretty good!

4. Thanks for the reply dudes!

yeah I talked to the guy there he said if I cleaned it and shit I could go and get a refund but Im not actually sure if he means hell replace it or give me back my money...Def would rather get my money back like it was a sick vape and all when I had it but Im strapped for cash right now.

5. is iso ok for the whip tubing in the VB? I dont want to it to react with the plastic and make it leach weird chemicals after..

6. It'll save you money on weed in the long run. Just keep it humming by your bed and go to sleep.

7. yes. but you wont get the whip looking new as it stains over time. as for the box itself I blow the dust and pieces of weed out of it with an air compressor and wipe the glass heating element and box down with an ISO dampened cloth.

some folks skip the salt and evaporate the used ISO overnight. then they scrape up there vape hash.

thats gotta beat dirty resin balls hands down.:smoking:

8. It takes all night to evaporate into something i can scrape? Im gonna be cleaning it all out today but I def want to get get the most of the resin built up in the tube know wutim sayin?

Also do u think 50% iso rubbing alcohol is good enough? couldnt find 99%

9. the lower the alcohol % the longer it will take to evaporate, but it should work.:smoking: