How to clean a one hitter

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by MetalMaryJane, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Sorry if there is already a thread on this.

I was wondering how to clean my one hitter, it's getting pretty resiny..lol. Do I just clean with a pipe cleaner or what?

2. Is it metal or glass?

Salt + 90% isopropryl  won't lead you wrong, but if it's one of those metal ones meant to look like a cigarette it may take a good chunk of the paint off.

3. It's one those metal ones..I don't care about the paint.

Thanks.

4. Mines glass so I can actually see what I'm doing but I'd imaging it would work for a metal one as well. I just grap a kleenex and twirl it up so it's a long spiral then I just start working it into the pipe by turning it clockwise. It eventually gets tight and big enough where it's in complete contact with the pipe and it cleans it out perfectly. It honestly looks brand new.

5. if you mean clear crap out of the hole then I usually stick a match or two through it, otherwise pipe cleaners or boiling it

6. I use chillums and one hitters pretty often. Because of the shape, I usually just dry hit it once or twice to loosen the resin up then blow super hard. The resin comes shooting out and its ready to go. I always use commercial cleaner on my bongs and bubblers, but I dont think I've ever had to actually clean out a chillum. 

7. oh i use a metal one all the time. its easy to clean. take a paperclip and bent it to straight then use that to clean it. 

8. Yea poke a toothpick or q tip through the back and shove shit through the bowl end. Blow hard. Scrape clean with a small knife.

That's what I do. And I use my onie a lot. I'm gonna stop though bc I bought a new spoon that's really cool

9. My brother has a one hitter however he never cleans it.. Me I like to keep my pieces clean and when I clean my bong I just use break or carb cleaner. It smells nasty and it would probably be horrible to ingest but just spray some into the pipe. It will EAT the resin away and your pipe will be clean.. put your thumb on the holes, get some carb cleaner in there and shake around. After your done rinse with water repeatedly and youll have a brand new pipe

10. All I do is straighten out a paper clip and scrape and poke around inside my one hitter and all of the resin falls out.

11. Pipe cleaners, go to a tobacconist and get some. like 4 bucks for 50. They have rigid bristles and some metal burrs in it too, they get the job done much easier than just shaking with isopropyl and salt. Not saying that doesn't work, just use pipe cleaners in conjunction with that method.

12. I always took a wire hanger and used a wire cutter to cut a straight piece from the hanger about 6 - 8" long. Then you can poke it through your pipe stem and push the resin out. If you want to clean this handy straight wire you can use any solvent to wipe it down. You can also adjust the length you cut based on your needs, as your pipe might be shorter or longer.

13. I don't clean mine because the resin traps the ash from getting in my mouth. If it gets clogged i stick a paperclip down the middle to open it up

14. I used a paper clip, unfold the whole thing and shove it thru a few times

15. Dont clean it lol scrape all the res if u can and smoke it and keep lettin the res build. But if u cant collect the res run it under hot water holding it with something so u dont burn urself and just let the hot water clean it

16. This. Resin inside makes it hit better. I just scraped mine when it clogged.

17. This guy's got it right.  I used to use a paper-clip and then my bro showed me how he does it.  A section of wire coat-hanger is almost the exact diameter of the hole in the hitter.  Just take a small wad of paper-towel, shove it into the mouthpiece end of the pipe, and ram it through with the coat hanger.  It takes about 10 seconds and your pipe is as good as new.

18. #18 QuadSportz06, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    ^ ^Dude use a length of metal coat hanger. Perfect. Sent from my LGL86C

19. I don't clean the bat. I like the way it hits with resin. At the end of every smoke session I will see if I can see through it. Point it at a tv, cellphone, laptop and see if you can see light through it. If you can't I take a 1.5mm or 1.25mm crochet hook and give it a poke and twirl through then tap out. Other times I'll just dry inhale with some flame to torch what ever is in there. You should be good. For the bowl I just use the crotchet hook. 

If you want to give it a good clean then grab some pipe cleaner. 

20. A pipecleaner and one peice of toilet paper. Heat up the one hitter and twist up peice if toilet paper and clean out the part where the bud sits amd run a pipecleaner through the rest and its spotless.