Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to choose a good grinder?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by John Lennon, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Ive been thinking about buying one, so how to identify a good grinder? How can I know if it has a kief catcher? Most shops here have people how dont have an idea about what they are selling

2. You dont have to get have to get anything fancy maybe a 3 piece with a screen.Make sure its quality metal though.

3. 4 piece

4. It has to be at least a three-part grinder, but four-parts should have one. You can usually see the seem for the keif catcher. Mine has one, at least that's what I've been using it for. I'll take pictures if you want me to, so you know what it looks like...It's just a little purple SweetStone.

5. If you want a kief-catcher, you want a 4-peice, not a 3-piece.

And also, I wouldn't buy a metal grinder unless you're willing to pay $50+ for one of the top brands. Shittier ones will leave metal shavings in your bud and eventually break. (Space case is the only brand I can really vouch for, though I've heard a lot of good things about Mendo Mulchers. Don't pay money for a Sharpstone, I've gone through 3.)

My recommendation, if you're willing to pay the money, a 4-piece Space case is well worth it, but I'd take a wooden or acrylic grinder over a cheap metal one all day. I think there are a few cheap acrylic grinders with crystal catchers on the internet that would work perfectly.

Or you could get an electric coffee grinder for 10 bucks that collects kief like crazy around the sides.

6. This. Sounds. Amazing.
    I think I know what I'm doing tonight~

7. You pick the one with the high price

(Magically this kind of advice - works for most materials!) :O

8. I'm new. How do I post questions so everyone can see?

9. Definitely get a metal grinder. My friends all argue that plastic is better, but it's not, for the simple reason that when it comes to scraping your grinder with a knife, if it's plastic, you'll get bits of the plastic in your weed! Not good!

THC catcher is just mesh, you'll know it when you see it. Simple 3 piece grinders are often < £5, so you can't really go wrong. Aslong as it grinds weed, it's worth buying haha :smoking:

10. someone said metal which is a good tip.

kief catacher is a screen. hard to miss. will catch crystals that fall through.

11. If you really want kief, get a 2 piece grinder and a pollen box. I use a 3.5" 2 piece Space Case grinder and a 4"x7" Wikka pollen box. Total investment probably around $80 or less. Even cheaper if you go with a smaller grinder. If you're willing to spend a little more go this route, this beats 4 piece grinders embarrassingly.