How to Calculate Electricity cost per month?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nikedunks, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Hello everyone from the city. I'm in the United States. I'm a legal card holder, and I had a question. I got my card about a month ago, and I can grow up to 12 plants. First off I live with rents, and the issue will not be growing. I already smoke in my house all the time and everyone in my family or anyone who associates with me probably knows I use Cannabis. I will not be telling people I grow ofcourse. My ultimate question is, I have a green card, and I have 11 months left. I need to try and grow this beautiful plant while I have the oppurtunnity. I don't know why I'm just now realizing this. I'm planning on setting up a small grow of a couple plants for my first grow. I plan on purchasing a couple clones off of a local caregiver. I'm going to be using Soil. I'm going to purchase a light with a hood and most everything I need. I haven't completely planned or designed the grow but I think I'm going to start today. I wanna do a small micro grow for my first time. I wanna know what size space I should try working with and what wattage of light im gonna use.

Another question I had; I was wondering if there is a way to pre-calculate the cost of your electricity by using a certain wattage light and specifically planning your grow. Don't get me wrong, I'm not poor or anything I just wanna know how much the electric bill will increase.

If you have any other tips let me know. For Micro grows that is. I was thinking about buying a giant server case and making it into a grow setup.