how to bush it?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zelyk, Jun 24, 2011.

1. I have plants on my balcony, about 5/6 hours nicely exposed to a direct sun. They got pretty tall now, almost 2 feet, so i want to shorten and widen them, so they dont outgrow the ledge and get visible to facing house.
    What is the best technique to do that?

thnx

Attached Files:

2. just my opinion but just a few hrs of light for the plant isnt going to do anything.. growing indoors using the sun for light will probably get you a stretched out stringy looking plant with very little yield.

when you cut the plant it will continue to grow..its a weed.. every time you cut a stem that has new growth it will grow another.. possibly 2 or more every time which will make it bushy =] good luck

3. thnx,

You are right, stems are already stretched, so im asking for a good advice how to treat them to widen, beside toping. Balcony is facing SE/S, so plants are having a fair exposition to a sun light (9/10h), (4/5h) direct sun impact. Now when sun is descending on northern hemisphere it will be even better, since ideal orientation!

4. You can LST, FIM, or top to promote bushiness.

5. i have a buddy that had the same problem and the thing ended up to be about 6ft tall and very stretched out... it stretches when it doesnt get enough light(not enough lumens) its trying to get closer to the sun. best bet is to throw it outside or invest in some indoor lighting if you want a good crop.

topping the plant often is a good way to reduce the amount of stretching between nodes. kush strains ive noticed like to stretch no matter how much light they have so i top mine every 2 to 3 weeks

6. #6 samson32, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011
    I vote for lst.. Heres a quick walkthrough I posted up for another user if you don't need the pics let me know and I can remove them.. Just easier to illustrate.. :wave:

First up I like to use hemp.. Usually the hemp I use is thicker, but this can be seen better for demonstration..

I like to use a simple slip note.. It allows for you to alter the location of the string as the girl gets big..

[​IMG]

Then find a place to tie her down to or use a brick.. Start off slow and only go a little at a time until she is where you want her to be.. No ill side effects just be careful not to rush her..

Pick an area where the nodes are kinda distant and slip the end into the loop..

[​IMG]

Another bend further down..

[​IMG]

The entire girl..

[​IMG]

And this isn't sideways,but her being trained in an L.. I plan to get her to fit perfectly in the corner.. [​IMG]

All those branches will then start growing up at the same time giving you plenty of colas.. This is my northern lights blue with the same type of training..

[​IMG]

Once she starts doubling I'll be lsting all of her branches out so the light can get to them all.. Or at least that is the plan.. [​IMG]

If you look at the bottom of the girl you'll see I tied her down the opposite way I wanted to train as well.. This was done to avoid pulling her out by the roots since I'm working with such a big girl..

Hope this helps.. [​IMG]

:smoke:

7. ^^ nice pics

i also use LST and top regularly for scrog method

a mixture of the 2 works beautifully

i had 1 plant i only topped a few times and 1 was a mixture of the both.. same strain.. and the one also using LST is about 3 times bushier :p

8. tnx everyone! :wave:
    went through fast LST course last few hours and is def my choice!
    also bumped in samsons original post, so tnx again. will be creative ...