How to burn more fuel while driving?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by WeedGrowsOnTrees, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Now don’t hate me for this but how do you burn more fuel while driving?

I have been driving really un-fuel economical for over a year now but it is starting to worry me that I am putting HARD stress on my engine because of the constant HIGH RPM’s thats I drive and the unnecessary fast speed ups from nil speed. Also excessively revving the engine in neutral is no good for my engine either.

I know driving with windows down + A/C is wasteful but what are some other ways I can keep my emission up and not damage my engine at the same time?

thanks

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Why is your rpm so high? Improper gearing? Loose belt?

Maybe you unplug one or two of your sparkplugs

• Like Like x 1
  3. RPM is so high because I drive at high RPM’s. Just lower gear that’s all

4. What are you driving ?
    I’m reminded of some ricer boy in a civic that drives at redline all the time… making 150 hp.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Hit me with that dislike bud. I’m not here to discuss driving at redlines. I just want to know how to burn more fuel without causing long term damage to my engine because I want to keep my car for a few more years. Fuck outa here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I'm just confused as to why you'd want to burn more fuel.

Maybe put some seafoam in your car.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Now don’t get me wrong but I just don’t care about all this ‘climate change’ bullshit and so it is just a protest to their protest.

I thought about doing the seafoam thing for my engine but wouldn’t that in return clean my engine so I get better fuel economy? Opposite of what I am trying to accomplish

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Oh, you're just trolling. I get it now.

Get a diesel and coal roll 100% of the time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. You clearly have been trolling me the whole time with ur messages and I was being nice to you but if this is where you wanna take it sure. Looks like this part of the city contains a bunch of assholes. Nothing else I have to say for you bud

10. I wasn't trolling, but whatever.

You seem uptight, smoke a bowl.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. #11 Jsaunders, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    Wants to use more fuel but not put added stress on the engine …. What car are you driving?
    Tell me your not that bright without telling me your not that bright!
    Unplug a spark plug wire

my 957hp diesel - 11.1@126 in 1/4 mile

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Your can can only burn a set amount of fuel per rpm - you will be using the most fuel while keeping motor at peak hp range. Or tow some shit or put more weight in the car to use more fuel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Buy a Hummer or other big truck. You'll be burning through fuel faster than the Airforce.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. 2014 elantra sport

you drive a diesel truck and not support consuming extra gas?
    Now I feel that any emission I create will be nothing compared next to yours. Maybe I should buy a truck lmao

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I normally get 20 mpg in the truck. And it’s useful. And destroys most vehicles on the road

• Like Like x 3
  16. 20210810_105423.jpg
    I get 15 miles to that gallon without even trying.

• Like Like x 5
  17. I don't know how you could drive more uneconomically but I support global warming so ditch your exhausts catalytic converter to get them revs up

• Like Like x 1
  18. Volvo Nation FTW! 20-25 mpg averaging 23. All Wheel Drive and over 20 years old, this baby has served me well on many roadtrips. 20210807_082744.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  19. #19 Vee, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    [​IMG]
    more space in a shitty corolla even a civic than this korean shitbox, average 37mpg to STL from TX
    not a stoners car, as used by many many hairdressers in Fl

ps wanna piss them climate change 'Hippies' add cooking oil to the gas tank
    ...makes shitloads of white smoke ...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. I find it much funnier seeing people with 700hp cars they can take up to 2k rpm before they're breaking the law try to make fun of people with lower power cars for revving them out and actually having usable power for the street. By all means I love fast cars but I also hate dealing with cops and like to keep my license. I can't count how many clowns I see on the road think they're hot shit because they can go fast in a straight line only.

• Agree Agree x 1