Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HOW TO:Build an Amp Stash Box~Pictorial~

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MasonJar, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Sup everyone,posting this in the Aprentice Tokers section to help new smokers build a nice stash box that is easy to put together.

Pics are attached, including shots of my new Vtower Vaporizer:hello:and weed/ "vape poo" which I'll be using to make QWISO hash later on...any ways let me know if this helped anyone out!

ps-I know steps 6and7 are the same I was pretty baked when I made these:cool:

Attached Files:

2. Some amps come with the back already exposed. Also, why would you destroy the amp by taking out the speaker? Sure, if you don't plan on using the amp I can see why you would do that for the extra space. However, chances are if the person already has the amp, they use it lol. +rep for making the guide anyway, even if it is kinda weird haha.

3. #3 MasonJar, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2009
    Fuck it man! This was my old amp that doesnt even work any more plus its nonchelant cus it just chills in the corner of my room and no one thinks anything of it. Thanks for the rep man.

Hopefully it's death can bring knowledge on how to build a solid stash box to smokers who need hiding places or just a place to keep it out of the way.:)

4. sounds ok if u gotta store alot or smthn, btw the picture in ur signature is really a pile of hops that som1 online stole and spread around the net as weed.

5. #5 MasonJar, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2009
    Sounds cool bro,I just chose that particular pic cus I wanted a pile of weed to compliment the dude in the jar...and I left the alcohol in cus I fuckin live to get drunk,stoned and generally fucked up!!

ps If u look closely in step 7 i believe you can see my fav book in the background World War Z:D
    ;)

6. I use my amp that already has a hole in the back lol. i can still use the amp as well

7. Very nice idea. I always wondered how to do this. But could you please post soem detailed instructions, like materials you will need and how long it all takes. Anything extra to cover up the fact that its gutted?

8. Any chance I can get the dials and switches from you? I have a smalled Gorilla Amp. I recently wired a 300 watt sub to it. Now I need better switches and tones.

9. Nice. I did the same thing with an old amp that didn't work anymore. It's a great stash spot, I'm just always afraid someone will move it without knowing and break my glass though..

10. Glad I could help! At first I tried to remove the screws(there were 4 of them ataching that inside part to the box) but its magnetic so whenever you go to move your tools inside it would suck the tool to the center. So eventually I decided to just take a hammer's back and just yank er out(this was after i managed to get 2 screws off). It didnt take me more than about 10 minutes(editing the pics took longer:p)

Also some info on the backpiece... I already threw out the screws that connected them to the back..DONT DO THIS.You should always keep at least one screw in the back incase it gets knocked open(this happens) so that it can keep the lid from opening yet keeping it easy to open when you want to smoke.

11. Haha sorry dude! I would but the amp would def look more questionable with pieces missing, sorry lol I wouldnt have any idea how to get them to u regardless!!:confused:

12. Alright, thanks man. im gonna look into making one of these, possibly with some modifications to make it more safe in case it does get knocked around or something happens like that.

13. No problem man glad I could help! Yea you can put a few beach towels in there to help if it gets picked up or moved for sure... Something to look into also is some how getting it bolted to the floor, that would be too sick no need to worry about it getting moved:smoking:

14. ah i dont think i'll be able to bolt it to the carpet i have lol
    But yea i was thinking more like some adhesive and foam or a similar method. id have to see exactly what it looks like inside though before i can mod it

15. Yo man i may be really high but u could totally try to build like "shelves" inside the amp make it so organzised

16. that would be a great idea if there is enough room. im not exactly sure how to secure the shelves in a way that would be non suspicious:confused:.got any ideas? :smoking:

17. Hey man I think I just came up with a decent idea on how to do it:D

Im thinking it would be possible to divide the amp into like 4 smaller sections for increased organiztion and effective use of the space and what not...

Ill do a quick diagram on paint to make it easier to understand!

K so on the top it shows a rough diagram of the storage container(could be made out of a number of things including cardboard or anything really)and on the bottom of the attached pic would be the amp that we will divide into 4 sections. Each section potentially has the capability to become a shelf of its own so you could really maximize your stash spot...The labels on the pic are as followed

"3":the horizontal piece that will divide the amp into two larger protions.
    "1":the top piece that will divide the top large section into 2 smaller ones
    "2":the bottom piece that will divide the bottom large section into 2 smaller ones.

To actually secure them in I'm guessing if you measure out the lengths of the amp and cut the "shelves" into perfect lengths im sure they would just secure right in but I could be wrong.

Let me know what you think!:wave:

Attached Files:

• AMP.jpg
      AMP.jpg
      File size:
      31.8 KB
      Views:
  18. amps are relatively thick, yeah? you could use a few very very short screws to mount the shelf in the middle (#3 in the diagram) and drill two longer screws at an angle that would allow the middle boards (#s 1 and 2) to fit in and not move much...does that make sense?

19. I think I have a general idea but then again I'm pretty fuckin baked right now so it was kinda hard to imagine that...

With that said I think a pretty easy way to do it w/out having to use screws or anything would be to use books as the dividers.

20. #20 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
    Yea thats what i was thinking about at first(your 2nd to last post, with the paint pic), using screws/nails to secure teh boards or watever the shelves atre made of, but then you would see a bunch of extra screws on the outside and that could be suspicious to anyone who has seen it or knows about amps.
    Im pretty sure the shelves would have to be sucured, either with a really srong glue or some type of manual support to secure them. I also must consider what type of material to use that i can cut without, large, complicated, expensive tools. The shelves COUDL maybe be plastic. but wouldnt that idea work if you judst stacked 4 small boxes that fit on top of each other perfectly? idk