How to Build a Grow Room - Step by Step Guide.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by psychicbubble, Jul 26, 2011.

1. There are many ways to do this. This is a bit more expensive but worth it to do everything right the first time. Enjoy.

1.) Cleaned out a spare room. Washed the ceiling, walls, and floor.

[​IMG]

2.) Drilled 3 holes in 2 pieces of plywood. Two 4" and One 6" - Put mini blinds up. Then attached the plywood to the windows.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3.) Set up 2 5x5x8 tents.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4.) Mounted a 4" squirrel cage fan. Used 3 pieces of 4" ducting. 1 for outtake connected to the window (sucking fresh air in). Attached a "Y" connector to split the fresh air into both tents.

[​IMG]

5.) Mounted a 4" squirrel cage fan in the flowering room with another "Y" connector attached to the intake. At 1 end is an Elf Carbon Filter for odor control. The other end is ran through the flower tent to the veg tent. This allows 1 fan to pull old air out of both rooms simultaneously.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6.) Attached a 4" duct to the outtake of the fan, ran it through the tent, and connected it to the 4" hole in the 2nd window. The bad air in both rooms go out this duct, straight out the window. Then, we set up our hood with a 1000w High Pressure Sodium Light. Connected a 6" squirrel cage fan to it for hood and light cooling and more air circulation. 6" Ducting was connected to the hood and ran out of the tent into the 6" window hole.

[​IMG]

7.) Mounted the 1000w digital ballast outside of the tent onto the wall. Yes, digital... worth every penny. No noise, no excess heat.

[​IMG]

8.) Set up a 1000w air conditioner. Taped the output vent to suit 6" ducting. Attached a "Y" connector to it. Ran a 4" duct from the 6" duct so that both rooms are air conditioned simultaneously. Attached a 4" duct to the air conditioners exhaust then attached it to the already existing 6" output duct which is connected to the 6" fan (the one used for cooling the hood) So that now, both bad air from the flower room and air conditioning exhaust are going out the same window from the same duct.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9.) Put a T5, 4ft 8 bulb in the veg room.

[​IMG]

10.) Finishing touches. 4 small fans, 1 vortex fan per room.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11.) Teenagers are introduced to their new home! With temperatures ranging from 65-80 degrees and 2 loving care takers

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

THE END!

2. How much did all that cost?:D

3. I'm not sure if I can post prices here :x

4. [quote name='"psychicbubble"']I'm not sure if I can post prices here :x[/quote]

You can.

5. all of it cost about $3,000 U.S

6. Fr that money,you coulda made the entire room a grow tent,puttin mylar on the walls...theres a thread here somewhere about it...plus member SG1 has a cool thread doing it..cheaply too..gl

7. Some people enjoy growing without tearing up their houses. I would much rather have two tents than cutting holes everywhere and plastering stuff all over the walls.

Plus marijuana smell is kind of like smoking in the house. Its going to get into the walls and carpet and such and will leach back out.

8. I wish I lived in a state where I could set up a legit grow.I prolly would modify a room or part of a room,lol.You don't have to destruct,loosely hang mylar,so it moves,sending reflected light at various angles.Venting can be done without any more destruction than a dryer vent.
    Some really like tents tho,good luck on your grow dude!

9. Cool tent, The title of this thread is a little misleading though. It should be "how to put together a pre made grow tent.

With proper planning and some know how you dont have to "tear up your house" also with a good set-up the weed smell will not "leach" into the walls.

Stay safe

-Lots

10. I have to agree,from seeing SG1's thread,he's got the perfect system very cheap.His thread is a *must read*,If you plan on making a grow room.It will save you alot of money too.
    I do like your grow tent setup tho,great if you have the money to do.Good luck and I look forward to watching your grow.

I don't remember if you told us,but what strain are you growing in there?ty

11. link to thread plz?

12. What strain are you growing in your tent psychic?

13. That was bubba kush but now we grow white widow.

14. Ive been wondering how the grow is going..any pics maybe?..updates?