Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to bind/make THC honey with BHO?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by RaJay, Feb 25, 2015.

1. #101 OneE, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    OK - just called up Specialty Bottle to figure this out --- they are called 'treatment pumps'

http://www.specialtybottle.com/cobaltbluebostonroundpumpsmi.aspx

Click at the bottom of the section on the bottle page on the 'pump options' to find...

Gonna have to try and figure out a way to calibrate the 'treatment pump' dose to the dropper --- I'll try with water, but I think the agave may tend to be much different - dosing from the dropper is quite variable from what I've seen...

• Like Like x 1
  2. #102 RaJay, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
    Nahh yo dont! You were just making sure which is a cool thing.

Id be interested in the bottles your talking about.. im on my phone checking it out but want to in more detail on the computer.

My sprayer will spray a half ass 1st one, then the second spray is regular. So I take 2 1/2 lol... unless I just take 4 drops

3. #103 OneE, Mar 14, 2015
    I tried to take a pic of it - I think its a pump that just 'blurps' out a drop instead of a mist or spray.  I haven't tried it yet for the agave, but I'm confident it will work well for it -- glycerin too.

Posting to see how pics look... 

Edit - you can get a good look at it - I think they are meant for 'lotion' types of liquids - thicker in nature.  If you're ordering more bottles, call them up and ask for a sample or two or just go ahead and order a couple - I'm sure they'll come in handy for something along the way.

It does come with a cap too.

Edit 2 - OK - I just went and put this pump in a bottle of agave to try it out - works ... kinda ok... just tried a couple of pumps and it seems like the elixir has a tendency to drip down the side of the pump - maybe have to find a position to make it work better (spraying down into mouth?) - initial impression is that it can work, but looks like it could be messier in the long run.

**** I would recommend trying one or two before committing to a large order ******

Attached Files:

4. #104 OneE, Mar 14, 2015
    Hey PSam - thought I'd give you a quick update - finished off the first batch of NYD and I gotta say I'm pretty pleased!!!

I didn't have high hopes at first since the trim I picked up didn't look all that great compared to previous batches - more leaf material and minimal bud parts - but I went ahead anyways thinking that I was gonna have to complain to my grower....  I sampled a dropper after the first wash and wasn't very impressed, but finished up the run thinking I was gonna have to reduce it to get its potency up.  Once I got thru the 2nd wash and filtering, it was a totally different scenario --- half a dropper - 2-3 minute head buzz!!! BAM - that quick!  I could feel it almost immediately, but didn't believe it was happening that quick - I was amazed!  And the flavor is exactly like the smoke - so tasty!  I know I'm gonna make this with some agave, but I feel like that is somehow blasphemes to do so with the way it tastes now, but I want to see what it does for effects.  Definitely sativa thru and thru - just a head hi, no body buzz.  This really did turn out to be 'an instant buzz in a bottle' batch!  I have to admit, it feels like something is missing without the body buzz, but I think this is a batch that will leave no doubt in anyones mind as to whether it works or not.  The sativa snobs are gonna go crazy over this....

Gotta say too - NYD was not one of my favorite strains - I felt the buzz was a bit too 'hard and edgy' for my liking - I tended to like the strawberry blue more - but this NYD is fantastic in the dragon!  Takes the hard edges off it...

Edit - I'm gonna officially give this an AHA!  since it blows me away so much!  Thats #3 for the AHAs now...

The Sativa GD I make for the service is gobbled up in no time. A lot of people like to wake and bake with a good Sativa to get them up and moving, much better than caffeine. [​IMG]

6. No doubt - this stuff is super fast acting and energetic - people are gonna love it!

7. #107 RaJay, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
    I want to make a sativa tincture sooo bad. Even just sativa BHO. I get OG(indica) flowers only to do my runs. Personally, as a music Producer, and writter I want to be up, creative thinking, and all that good stuff. All my inica puts me on my coutch or tires me a bit too much at times. I want to do a higher CBD rated plant over THC as well.

I actually got me some Maui purging right about now but its not for me :(

8. So this GD I got 1:1 gBHO to oz.EC... (Which is 4:1 plant to EC)

Is this GD able to be mixed into food or drinks? Say to cook with, or to add to a picture of lemonade type thing?

9. #109 OneE, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
    What good is it going to do adding it to a picture of lemonade?  That was a freebee....

Whats it like by itself?  Do you find the EC burn troubling?  I'm finding this NYD in EC tastes fantastic! The citrus flavors are just incredible - I hate to do anything that would change that.  You can't be taking that much for a dose - why do you feel compelled to put it into anything else that would slow its onset?

Woohoo - 130 posts!  Soon I'll be up there with the BSDs!  And notice that I have 0 warning points - how many do you guys have?

It can be added to just about anything but I think milk or other dairy products might not be a great idea. I use it in my coffee, tea, Tang, whatever floats my boat. I really like a pitcher of limeade sitting in the fridge in the summer. I spike the whole thing then just pour from the "picture".  [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. So, RaJay, how's that batch of glycerin curing up? Have you tried any in a vape pen yet? [​IMG]

12. #112 RaJay, Mar 16, 2015
    How would you go about dosing? And once mixed well in "lemonade" (or whatever it is im making) is it properly dispursed in it?

My glycerine.. Ive only been taking them by 4-6drops at a time when I do. Its nice, had me KO real smooth. I dont own a vape pen, but might go buy one tomorrow for testing. 1 gBHO to 1 oz glycerine should be good in a pen yeah?

In case I dont get to it tomorrow, hows the taste? Not for myself but othets, would I be able to add flavoring or scent or something?

Also, I been reading for E VapePens, 70% PG to 30% VG for the best smoke. Mine is 100%VG. Its hitting, feel a little buzz, but could hit better. Maybe the 100% VG is just too thick itself?

13. #113 RaJay, Mar 16, 2015
    So I got a new phone with beautiful pictures...

The two small masons were my first glycerine attempt. Not nearly enough EC as was needed to properly mix. They are about 6 gBHO to 40oz. Glycerin. The bigger mason is the 2nd glycerine attempt with about 12.5 grams to 40 oz glycerine.. The honey I have here (dark obviously) is 80mg? Per teaspoon.. We did the math a while ago in another thread... I definitly need to keep track and write it down next time.. Actually.. YOU did the math, not we. The tiny one is my GD 1gBHO to 1 oz EC which eaquals out around 4 grams of bud to 1 oz of EC.

The two different runs of glycerine you can totally tell the color difference from weak to strong.

The pen hits cool, but not too fat really. Gotta hit it a lot. Im new to e Pens and glycerine so I keep coughing like a first timer! Lol... Well I guess I am a first timer for this.

What are some main reasons for people to want E Pens and to smoke this rather than bud or bho itself? More low key? Not as much smell? Im interested in knowing the main reasons..

And cant forget to Jam out and play on my Sampler/drum machine.. My truest passion.. Music!

Attached Files:

14. Did you get a wax/oil adapter with your pen?  I've heard they are great for shatter, but you have to load them often.  I think thats why people use the juice to keep reloading to a minimum - people tend to break the coils when loading shatter... I've meant to grab a pen to use with my stash of shatter, but I worry that would just be unleashing another dragon!  I'm pretty happy now with the green one for my needs.

15. Im not sure... I just bought it for 20.. Head shop homie didnt recommend using straight oil in here cuz he said it tents to clog or break because its too thick. He recommended just my glycerine in here. I just bought the pen more for testing rather than personal use. I like the bang I get from rippin my Rig.

I just thought of somthing... Smoking this Decarbed bho infused with glycerine... Is it going to get me high by smoking it? Or since I decarbed the bho is this batch only good for droppers on the tongue..?

I might need to make a EPen batch not decarbed.

16. #116 OneE, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    No - you're good - since there is so much liquid along with the 'goods' it never really gets that hot - basically vaporizes the liquid and holds at the BP of the liquid.  I think the wax/oil adapters limit how much material it holds so that it can get hot enough to decarb - but don't quote me on that.  Either way, you're better off with decarbed  material for those pens.

It does bring up an interesting question tho - what happens when you smoke decarbed matreial?  Does it just vaporize or degrade further?  You may have to try a dab of your decarbed oil and compare!  Report back.....
    I was under the impression that a partially decarbed bho seems more potent - that was one of the pluses for CO2 oil since they could dial in a certain amount of activation so it seemed stronger, but it still lacked the flavor profile of proper bho.

It's just like making a martini, shake it or stir it. Once it is in the liquid GD form you don't have any of those issues that you had with the concentrate and the glycerin and honey. Determine how much lemonade or koolaid or whatever you'll make..let's say a quart...then determine how much your glass holds. Using 8oz as an example, there are 4 glasses in the quart so you would just add however much you thought was good for a dose times 4 then an extra splash for the heck of it. Making a pitcher of GD lemonade would be something you'd do if you were having a party or sitting around with the crew playing videos or something where getting baked is the goal and not titration. 

You can cut the vg with a few drops of the GD for thinning without dilution. It's going to depend on the wicking of the tank whether you'll need to thin or not. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. #118 RaJay, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Hmmm, I was under the impression that decarbed BHO is less potent as far as inhalation goes, but more activated orally? This is definitly an interesting question. I'm going to be making some more Pills fairly soon, so when I decarb my BHO, I will give it a dab and report it no doubt!

I'm thinking about it as I was typing... and Decarbed BHO basically is like Reclaim no? When you take a dab out of a rig, and the exess oil that dripps down the glass from the heat, thats just about the same stuff as decarbed bho.. Maybe more flavor is lost from more heat from the nail than oven, but I think the best BHO to smoke is non decarbed.

Seems simple enough! I guess I could have used a bit of common sence, thanks PSam! I might make some Limeade right now... GETTING HOT IN SOUTHER CALI!

Are you saying inside the pen cap? like a drop of GD and proceed to toke on the pen? No harm done? And the flavor is sweet in a way, but is there safe options to use as far as taste goes? For the picky friends who want a taste they know.

PSam, whats your take on decarbing or NOT decarbbing BHO to be infused into glycerin for E-Pens.. I'm not sure on this, but isnt decarbed BHO less potent to inhale, but more activated to eat?

19. Remember that reclaim has had most of the flavor burned out - decarb material shouldn't.  These topics would probably be answered best by President Carter.... maybe he'll chime in...

I was going to chime in on this. I can't speak directly about BHO but I can tell you that RSO made from decarbed material is very good to smoke/vape. Also, when I first started making edibles I would always smoke a joint of my decarbed weed to ensure nothing was lost and it always performed the same. It became a bit of a ritual for a while but every now and then I still do it although I can understand why it could be thought that because it is decarbed, that puts the next step as a degradation instead of an activation. It could cause some additional conversion to CBN but probably not enough to make a discernible difference. I have used decarbed glycerin ejuice with no appreciable difference but I've never used glycerin that wasn't already decarbed. So what do I know? But I do know it is not "reclaim" since it is not heated to a level of degradation as would be the case with reclaim. [​IMG]