How to best utilize my space?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by debutis, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Experienced grower here, but definitely looking for some advice and pointers on how best to utilize my space.
    Room size - 10'x11'x4'tall
    Lights - 6 x 1k HPS, 4x400w MH, several small t5 for cloning

What would be the best way to lay out my setup in this 10x11' room? I'm obviously looking to maximize yields, but due to the height issues with this setup, how do I do that? I have tons of 3.5g buckets in the room now measuring stuff out, but with the plants being kept so short, will I need that big of a bucket for each lady? They take up far more footprint than say a 1gallon would.. Will 1gallon buckets work? That would be a ton of lines to run for the DWC setup!
    I also have a large 60site cloner, propane for the c02, a 50gallon drum for a water res since all the lights are water cooled. This room is filling up very quickly! Are the 1k lights too much for just 48" of overall height? I've only used them in 8ft rooms before.
    Any advice is appreciated!

2. Not that I am an expert by any means but Tall smaller Sqaure pots I think would work. That way you could stick them in there like Tetris then Maybe do a SOG (Sea of Green)

I was thinking about the sqaure pots and was thinking I could cut 1 -1.5 ft segments of PVC fence posts. Simualr to this.
    HTML:
     http://www.lowes.com/pd_24992-73428-73002277_0_?productId=3159989&Ntt=fence+post&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=fence%20post$y=0$x=0
    You could get 4- 6 pots out of that for 15 bucks.

Just make sure you sit them in a pan for drainage.

With SOG you can keep your ladies short.

I have never tried it but the more I think about it the more I like it.

Anyone else tried somthing similar to this?

DOT