How to beat a Smart Meter??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Toka-Cola, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Basically, there are many ways to off-set elec. useage. Just remember to be smart and think things through. "The best offense is a good defense":smoking:

2. fishman here well guys we pay 5.6 cents per killowatt/hour in manitoba for electricity...

3. Fishman
    Greenfrog is in N Cal,USA. Electricity is metered by how much you use in a given time period. Also how much juice you use above standard amt. You jump to 200% and 300% and up paying through the nose. Good part is PG&E will buy back at same rate if you produce juice from photovoltaics. You cant get paid money, but you can zero out your elect bill. Also, state pays about half initial installation and you get tax credits. My elect bill can run $1,000 a month. $30,000 investment pays off quick. All that and you are using a sustainable, non polluting source of energy.
    Greenfrog

4. Got any Canadian tire money? Buy a deep cycle battery (or two), 5 15watt solar panels, and a 10v to 120v conveter. It will be expensive but may be necessary, and good investment.

5. metridixal,,,if i buy 5 15 watt solar panels so isnt that 60 watts of power??So im able to power one light bulb??wtf am i missing something here or is that how it works??or is it 60 watts per second im creating??...........................................................................................greenfrog....photovolaics never heard of it im going to do a search on it right now thanks

6. It charges the battery with 15watts per second.

7. GREENFROG ok i got it now,but solar panels are just bloody expensive,loke for you its worth it cause a 1000$ is a fucking bit much but for me to put down 20-30 grand it would take me forever to get that back cause i pay 100$/month and if i was to use electric heat instead of natural gas i would save another 100$/month ,so total savings will be 200$/month.in 15-20 years time it would pay for itself but will i be here in 15-20 years.If solar power was just half the price i would do it no problem.Or even a wind generator would be viable cause its pretty windy here in winnipeg and the home systems are not that expensive.Ican buy a 1000watt system for around 2500$ and if i buy 4 of them well its 10,000$ producing 4ooowatts of elec.so thats an option..

8. metxal ...really 15 watts /sec and a light bulb uses 60 watts per hour right??

9. mettridixal.....do u have any solar panels and how much panels?how many watts can u generate ??how much did it cost??

10. The real concern is your power use cycle. You can bet your ass they will have computer software that will look for 12/12, 18/6 power use cycles and red flag them. Doesn't really mater how much power your pulling a 12/12 cycle will stand out like a sore thumb.