Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to be a Caregiver in California

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by greasyGsus, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Hey guys,
    I just asked my friend with a medical rec if he would designate me as his caregiver to grow for him, and he said yes.
    But the problem is, neither of us know if there is anything official needed to do.
    Do I just need a note from him? A copy of his recommendation and a note?
    Is there an official form I need?

I am guessing I at least need a copy of his recommendation to be able to go to clubs to get clones and such.

Please anyone who knows or has an idea help.
    thanks in advance

2. Caregiver status is up in legal limbo at the moment because the politicians are feeling like it's a dodge - or something like that. As a result I'm not sure that any clubs would actually allow you in the door without a recommendation of your own.

3. That's whack.
    If I got him to get me clones and put a copy of his rec+note from him posted outside my grow, do you think I would be fine? It's only going to be 4-6 plants outdoors.

4. Probably, you never know though. Depends on how much the cops in your area want to be dicks I guess.

5. you have to have a medical card too. both of you do. you cant get into a club without a medical card. same for being a caregiver. you would probably need a written statement from your friend stating they give you their growing rights and you are their caregiver. i would also get a copy of their medical card.

6. Agreed, unfortunately you're going to have to gather a lot of information and such to present to any cop or anyone that questions you about it. You'll probably have to get your own card and such as well.

7. Actually, it's even more complicated than that - I was just reading the actual AG's guidelines:

8. so providing them with medical marijuana does or does not count as being responsible for their health?

9. It only counts IF you do actual care giver duties such as bathing, feeding, cleaning, transporttion, etc. Binging some buds and lighting the bong are not enough.

clinton