Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to avoid munchies??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SCM, Aug 9, 2016.

1. I eat SO much when I get high lol..like just while ago I got high and I was feeling good about myself, as I had ate a healthy breakfast of fruits and such and wasn't feeling fat and full:D but then my sister wakes up and says, hey I'm hungry lets go to Mcdonalds...I knew I wasn't hungry as I had eaten earlier, but I thought about it and the munchies got the best of me :frown: so I went with her to McDonald's , and ate a cheeseburger and half of one, some fries, 3 mozerella sticks, and a hot fudge sundae! I feel so fat and bloated haha..that may not sound like a lot for some people but I'm a really small girl so I don't usually eat this much lol, so anyways how can I make myself or avoid eating so much, and also any advice for not being so tired as well?? Thanks..sorry for the long post :rolleyes:

2. It's called self control. Either that or quite smoking weed

• Like Like x 3
  3. Your right about the self control thing..but I love my weed haha

4. Avoid fast food. Stuff will kill ya. There's no way to stop the munchies.

sent from the toilet.

5. didnt mean to post twice..

6. These are the only options
    1 self control
    2 get fat while feeling bad about it
    3 stop smoking

You're choice, choose wisely

• Like Like x 1
  7. There are ways to deter yourself from eating: for me, I like to chew gum/brush my teeth before I get high, and I hate the taste of mint with anything. I also smoke before bedtime, and moreoften than not, I end up feeling to lazy to get up and eat, and I end up sleeping instead. I've actually LOST weight by Doing that for a couple of weeks now.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Try eating healthy stuff while high like veggies or whatever.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Eat before you get high... or eat healthy foods that you like.

You can also try chewing gum cause that always helps me not feel hungry.

10. Use the calories you consume by exercising. Win win except for still feeling crappy about eating fast food. Try sexercising and YouTube.

11. Try to stay away from indicas, i read an article that its the CBD that causes the munchies and THC actually suppresses appetite. If you can you should get your hands on a pure sativa. Don't take my word for it though

12. Straight up self control, just like everyone else recommends but if you can't control yourself try smoking before a task or go out somewhere, where you can't binge eat. If that doesn't work out find a strain that won't give you intense munchies

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Self control, a year ago I use to eat around 5k calories every single time I was high.

14. It helped me tho because I was looking to put on weight while weight lifting so maybe you should do that lol. You'll gain fat but you'll gain muscle that later on you can burn off and show the gains

15. Sativas are good to keep the munchies away. If you can reliably know what strain you're buying (like if it comes from a dispensary, or you know the grower personally), then you can look it up on leafly and see what it says for medical effects. If it says it helps in loss of appetite, stay away. I've used that fairly reliably in the past. I've found that Durban Poison gives me no munchies whatsoever.

Also, try smoking before a meal. So if you get munchies, you just eat dinner and it's all good.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I don't really think you can. I'd have to research it again to give you definite info as to why from a biology perspective but basically the cannabinoids in the weed trigger a neurological response that indices hunger. The brain has its own cannabinoids that regulate certain things (like hunger) and the THC latches on to the receptors.
    My advise to you is just to eat healthy foods when you get hungry. Like fruits and low calorie foods with decent nutritional value.