How to avoid budrot?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Old Toby, Jul 18, 2007.

1. High all:wave:
    As its coming up to flowering time soon I want to know exactly how to make sure my plants dont get budrot cos I got it last year and ruined my whole growing experience.
    This thread might help others also who might be experiencing this crop killer.

2. keep your temp at about 78 degrees and have adequate ventilation.

3. control humidity I believe.

4. well if i have a harvest i dunno if any of my plants are female yet damn seeds, anyway if i have a harvest and i have around 20%-30% RH all the time will that help but also i cant keep my grow box that low in temps its just something i cant control atm and it usually reaches top 90's all day long. would that be a problem and could mold thrive in that?

5. Machine- what do you mean you cant control those high 90s temps? Get some more fans in there, and surely you'll see a difference. My room gets rather hot on these summer days. Like low 90s HIGH 80s. I got 2 additional fans, and now I have to periodically turn them off cuz temps get too LOW. Like 60s low. Peace.

6. i have no funds and no small fans haha. the temps dont seem to be too bad, if it ocmes down to it i can grab some fans sometime i guess before flowering but i was wondering if mold likes it hotter or if it doesnt or what.

7. So to sum up if I can control humidity by about 78 degrees with good ventilation and keep air circulation using fans I can avoid budrot!
    I hope this works out for me cos last year was a disaster.

8. Ok just managing your temp isn't the only thing you have to do. I have my temps in 73-80 and still can get high humidity. Humidity is the moisture in the air you need to make sure you have alot of moving air that usually keeps humidity down. Also you can buy a dehumidfier however I haven't found that I need this yet. Everytime you water your plants the humidity goes up. You can buy a cheap thermometer at walmart that shows your humidity. Also according to jorge cervantes Horticulture book on how to grow marijuana. Says during flowering the humidity in the 50 -65 % range is acceptable. Above this is when mold can happen. Good luck, you can buy this book at barnes and nobles for 25 dollars has everything you would want to know about growing.

9. guess i shouldnt be worried about mold then i got 28% rh and 95 degree weather heh