Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to ask brother if he smokes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sticky06, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I recently starting smoking when I went to college. I am in no way a heavy smoker, in fact I typically only smoke once a week if that. Anyways, my older brother lives in Cali and he is definitely into the alternative schools of thought. I know he understands alcohol is much more dangerous than weed, and he drinks. His mindset says he would, but he is a working professional and if you looked at him you would never expect it.

So I am going to be spending some time with him and I thought it would be nice to know if he does. Is there a way to ask him without him being suspicious of me? Of course, if he does I would make it clear I do too, but I don't want him to say "Nope" and then I am just like "oh....". It would be really obvious. Is there another way to bring it up?

2. Hahah if it was me I would just talk to him the next time you see him. But I mean, like really talk to him, about life and shit, connect with him, chances you haven't done that with him in a while. Then if it was me, I would just pull out a joint you pre-rolled light up, ask him if he wants to hit this, and continue with the conversation. Well that's how I did it, but then again I knew he burned down.

3. Been smoking with my younger brother for years . he's actually the one who got me into it and it opened up an amazing relationship with him, Where basically twins now and so I gotta say just do it. It's your brother homeboy , won't disown you for blazing it.

4. Smoke a joint outside and tell him to come out. Pass it to him and see what happens. :hello:

5. Unfortunately some brothers would do that :\. My suggestion is to watch a movie with him like Half-Baked, Pineapple Express, etc. and gauge his reactions. If you don't have time for that, puff on a swisher without gutting it (or have the wrappers laying around) and say "man I love my swishers". If he wants to burn, he'll respond.

6. Bring up a political topic. Recent legalization in states, stuff like that. Ask him his opinion or whatever, and lead into it.

7. You could show him this article and watch his reaction!

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

It is recent enough that you can say you "just happened upon it while rambling around on the net"! It will break the ice on the subject.

Granny

8. I'd say it's almost guaranteed that he smokes (at least on occasion). He lives in a very tolerant state, he understands alcohol is less safe than weed, and he drinks while knowing that.

9. I asked my bro straight up, hey wanna hit a bong sometime, he said no but he still respects me and treats me the same, just simply ask him, do you smoke weed? Im jw cause a friend of mine said he got an ounce, is that good? And if he knows then he smokes

10. im in the same situation with my older sister haha, shes a hippy type chick and i feel like she might smoke, so i guess ill just ask her haha. i havent gotten to smoke with anybody in my immediate family so this could be a first :p

11. Man... I would just ask him, or say "hey, im going to step outside to smoke a joint or something. care to join?"

Based on what you say about your brother, even if he doesnt smoke, its unlikely that hes gonna get bent out of shape about it.

Personally, been smoking with my two younger brothers (26 and 24) for at least the past 5 years. They are some of the best times I have smoking. In fact, theyre coming up to my place tomorrow for football/video games/food/weed. Im pumped.

12. I would say ask straight up but obviously you might have a different relationship than i do with people ive bluntly asked. Like i think kevster said maybe bring up the recent legalization i colorado and ask him his opinion

i had a similar dilemma with my brother. He's extremely professional, 8 years older than me, and whenever i saw him when i was home from college the only questions i got were how are classes and bullshit. One day when i was home alone with him i just asked him straight up if he wanted to vape with me, and he said lets go back to my place and hit my bong. Suffice to say it was a fucking amazing moment, and now me and him blaze all the time.
    No matter what way you ask him just ask him

13. Bringing out a joint is just stupid because you're not sure how he is going to react. The best way to do it without letting him know that you blaze would be to watch a movie like Pineapple Express, like someone mentioned above, and see how he responds to the jokes and scenes.

14. I totally misread the topic at first. I thought you were wanting to know "how to ask a 'brotha' if he smokes". :eek:

I have two older brothers and I know that at least one used to smoke but he gave it up.

15. Brother, do you smoke?