How to ask a (BRITISH) person if they smoke

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by someoneorother2, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Alright, I've seen all the threads about this, and commented on a few....BUT, none were about British people. Most of my clever ways of asking involved 4:20. For example, "hey dude, you know what time it is...about 4:20 or so" and then looking at their expressions.

Does 4:20 mean anything in England???
    What is the smoking scene like there? Do people look down on it more? (i am from norcal)

So, how would you go about asking a British person if they toke up? I think I will just ask how it is viewed in England, and then ask if she does.

Hmmm....anyone?

EDIT: oops, didn't make this clear: I am not going to England, the person in question is coming here. (a friend of a friend, staying 25 ish days, and is a chick, not a dude)

2. Hey mate, wanna skin up?

3. Just go up to someone who is wearing a bob marley shirt or has dreads or something and just be like "wudup man im _____ " *response* "Word... hey man do you toke?"

Now it can be 1 of 3 outcomes.

1. Yes. "Hell yeah i fuckin do man, you tryin to fire up this doo-wop rite now?"

2. No. "Naw dude im hizzstrayt. Smokin DOPE isnt "hawt" anymore. Sorry i dont party..."

3. No. "Dude i dont smoke. Why i dont know. When i dont know something i get confused. When i get confused i get mad. when i get mad i get ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I HATE SMOKING BECAUSE IM CONFUSED AS TO EVERY SINGLE FACT ABOUT IT RAAAWRRRRR!!!!SHIFT+111111111"

4. Pretend to smoke a joint.
    It's universal.

5. FO SHO!

6. Ah, yes....the famous index-finger-to-thumb-to-lips-puffing-action sign.

Classic.

7. Ha, thats fvcking funny.

Sorry, I didn't make this clear. The girl in question is coming here (look at edit of first post), and I need it to be sneakier than the famous toking sign language.

Hmmm...i dont know

8. That's how I find bud sometimes, drive around and go to people I see walking if they might smoke. Pretending that I'm smoking a joint. Never fails if you really need some.

9. what about telling her that you are making some pasta, then just be like shit I don't have any more green herbs or sumthibg like that. Gl and make sure ya mack that Lol jk bout last part. But if she is hot go 4 it.

10. I wouldnt get so paranoid about asking people in the UK, its seriously more lax over here, it aint like someones gonna run tell the cops, they'll either let you know, say no, or tell you to fuck off lol, headshops, hang around em, gotta make sure you ask for BUD though because we have alot of soapbar in this country, also wouldnt go to the council estates, end up gettin robbed if your a 'tourist'.

11. either be really subtile about it or be really up front take your pick haha
    and normally you can tell by the way they act and what not towards things ahah

12. Works every time.

13. if you end up mimicing smoking or pulling faces or make references to 4.20, she'll think your a few sandwiches short of a picnic & keep looking at her watch saying its only ten past 2, what the fuck does he keep saying 4.20 for, is his watch stopped?

just come right out with it man "do you partake in BLOW" (blow means ganja/hash here in uk;))

14. just say this exactually

Hay,you want to get high then do the weed sign

15. Exactly.

420 shite is so cliched, it just makes you look dickish.

Motorheed, never heard someone call weed blow here in Scotland. Most common ones I hear are puff, dope, smoke, grass, and weed.

16. just wait for a break in the conversation,

"hey im curious, how do you feel about marijuana?"

17. DO NOT ASK HER IF SHE LIKES BLOW. she will either think your trying to get her to suck your dick or she's gonna think you talking about coke. Being a londoner i would say that most people in the Uk are cool with toking so just ask her if she smoke weed or let her over hear you talking about ganja.

18. As a Londoner myself, just ask her if she wants a joint.

A few other things you should be aware of:

A FAG is a cigarette
    Her FANNY is her pussy
    A RUBBER only removes pencil marks
    FAGGOTS are spicy meatballs

19. I've lived in london all my life and been smoking draw for a long while - no one has heard of 420. No one really look down on smokers, i can smoke a joint in the park and no one cares.

I'd say just ask her if she smokes bud - say it straight and you'll get a straight answer.

20. nah we dont use 4.20 much where i'm from, i'd never heard of it before here