How To Adequately Cool A Small Grow Area

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lumps_deli, Jul 11, 2014.

1. There is a very small grow in a 28'x30'x62' closet, it is in a garage. It gets up to 88 degrees in there during the day with an exhaust system, intake van and osc fan inside... Any inexpensive ways to cool the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. 88 isn't THAT bad if that's as high as it gets. I don't know when you have lights ON but obviously you'd want to run em during the coolest temps. (Usually at night).

3. It's not bad, but it's not ideal either. Many outdoor strains are subjected to 95+ temps in the summer. As a new cultivator I would like to achieve the most ideal conditions being that I am only growing 2 plants at a time.

Onion-crouch is the worst👃👣👣👣👣🛀💂

4. Also the hottest part of the summer is yet to come. I guess I just want to know if investing a hundred bucks in an AC is going to pay off??

"Where's the feast I was promised'

5. I have 4 milk jugs full of water frozen at all times. Put one in front of my intake fan during hottest part of the day. Knocks off 5-10 degrees.

6. Great info, I am going to try that!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. #9 SlightlyStonedSD, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    This is genius cant believe I haven't heard of it

9. #11 snoopdog6502, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014

or an exhaust duct ported to tubing, AC works by getting heat OUT so the heat has to go bye bye!

Cheap ones do, pay a lot more for ductless.

10. This is what I use in my closet. It works fairly well for the price especially if you already have a fan then it's just $10 for a bucket and some pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Really cool! Where do you get those foam liners? I've never shopped for 5 gallon buckets, because I have plenty at my disposal. Are they down the "bucket aisle" at Lowe's or Home Depot?

not the same.. the soil temps at 95 outside wouldn't compare to plants in a small pot inside at 85 degrees.

13. I built the bucket air conditioner.  The only problem was home depot told me they don't carry the foam liner in store anymore and I have to order it. Without the liner it worked alright, it would be nice on a hot day for personal use but didn't make much difference in my closet/tent.  I don't know if the liner would make it a lot colder or just make it last longer but if I find one at lowe's or something I'll report back.

14. Here's another option using a cooler and direct duct to your grow box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uCrZl-cIEM

15. Well, I broke down and got a small AC, like the one on the link snoop sent...

"Where's the feast I was promised'

16. Just watch the humidity % so it doesnt rise when you're pushing that cold wet air inside of a tent. :lol:

17. Great advice! Thanks.

Deez Nugz!