How to add weight to my buds ??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JSgrewit42, Aug 6, 2018.

1. just harvested my Sour Liver 3 days ago and even the primo buds are still kinda airy. Not as bad as my last grow but I still don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. During flower for this plant I only did 2 compost teas and watered plain water at 6.3-6.8 ph. Maybe I’m not to in tune with organic growing yet lol. Just curious if anyone has some thoughts they’d like to add. Probably about 2 more days of drying and she will be ready to sample.

Attached Files:

2. What kind of light are you using? I use leds and my buds are super dense. Also sometimes it depends on the strain as well. Some strains are just fluffy. Also you cannot add any weight to the bud once its harvested. Matter of fact you will loose about 3/4 weight after you have finished drying it. Hope your smoke turns good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Weight is one thing. Density is another. You are looking at 2 different things. Bud density can be strain related and can be affected by environmental factors such as heat and humidity. Also lighting can have a lot to do with it as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I second what Nepal said / asked. What light are you using? Along with genetics, your light source will play a big role in bud development (or lack thereof).

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  5. In my experience, the most potent cannabis I have grown ends up like this.

edit: I've hit cannabis with jasmonic acid and the plant freaks out and never denses up much, but produces very potent cannabis.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Organically typically don’t produce the dense buds that you’re looking for. You need a heavy PK boost like Flower Fuel from week two of flower to flush, and the addition of a hardener like Overdrive or G10 for the last two weeks before flush. There just isn’t anything in nature that will do the work these supplements do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I’m running a 600 watt led viparspectra in a 2x2 so that’s roughly 70 watts per sq ft. And I meant add weight to my next harvest not to the buds already harvested. Thanks I just hit some and boy it got me lit. I couldn’t keep myself

8. Thank you for clarifying those two things for me. I have good lighting and good soil (FFOF) with some composts added to the soil. And great temps I assumed it was me not adding nutrients at corrects times

9. That 600 watt viparspectra is probably only pulling 250-300 watts actual draw. What model is it?

10. Sour liver from Mephisto genetics. Very good quality plants if you ask me. I am running a
    Yes I’m aware of the actual draw. That’s why I mentioned previously 70 watts per sq ft in a 2x2 = 280 watts.

There are some nice buds I’m not complying at all. Just curious on how to add some weight. But I guess I’m going to look in to what soil2coco mentions earlier

11. I’m not aware of the model I purchased it about 3 months ago so I would assume one of the newer models

12. I
    also that’s me assuming it’s pulling what’s it’s saying it does online

13. Sorry man, I see it a lot where someone thinks their advertised wattage is the true wattage. If I came off rude, I apologize.

I used to grow organically. Still have veggies and a big girl in supersoil waiting her turn to flower. Nature just doesn’t have that heavy dose of P and K. Banana peels can get some P in there but not enough.

There is no shame in vegging organically and flowering with supplements. The end goal is frosty, dense colas. Does it really matter how you got there. Flush them good for a week or two and enjoy your harvest

14. What is good nutrients line I could pick up ? I don’t much care for anything Fox farm but the soil

15. I don’t use a line. My base nutes are cheap Masterblend 4-18-38 powdered nutes $30 for 12.5 lbs, includes calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate. You can get it on Amazon
    Veg supplements are Superthrive, Silica, SP-99 Powdered Humic Acid, and a dose of Recharge every once in awhile (Not sure how well it works but i used it in soil and it works well. Seems to help when I start seeing issues arise in coco)
    Flower supplements are Flower Fuel ($17 on Amazon), SP-90 powdered Humic for first 4 weeks, Overdrive for last two before flush.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Airy buds in my opinion are almost always due to not enough light or harvesting early.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Also drying and curing correctly will dense them up.

• Like Like x 2