How the hell do you grow large yield auto?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by txbud997, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Brighter than this[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. Maybe you are over thinking the whole process...

I have an auto going now that has just gotten huge, cheap genetics, only fed one time so far... jus PhD water and 800w of HPS, and a lot of supercropping. It's in FFOF and perlite only water when dry... I can count on one hand how many times I've watered her

Plus this just started flowering, it's at 43 days or something

20180715_115336.jpg

3. nirvana:
    white widow auto
    short ryder auto

Crop king seeds:
    northern lights auto

• Like Like x 1

4. In my tent and 16 inches from the plants it's pretty damn bright!!!

5. Totally agree. And I actually think there is a lot of that going on here at the site. With all of us chasing the goal of having plants as great as they can be.

In reality I'm not disappointed with my yields. I just read what others get and something doesn't measure up.

• Like Like x 2
  6. H
    How many days do you have them in total? I'm at like day 79 and they are pretty small.

7. Well medium has alot to do proper perlite i use mykos when i plant. I use fox trio liquid and the granular. Mammoth p is very good for yields im trying samples of it right now. Not going to do Autos until Summer's over but m trying it on my photos. I hope you're using at least 5 gallon pots grow in 10 to 15 most autos. Maybe some of the tiny little plants like the Three Bears on micro and 5 gallon

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

8. On the auto that you already grew...did you do any training at all? LST, supercropping, defoliation, etc.?

If you just let them grow by themselves and don’t train them, you shouldn’t expect a large yield. I’m not nearly as experienced as some of these other guys when it comes to growing autos....I only have 1 auto under my belt that I just finished.

But if I were to give you any advice that I wish I would have had before I started growing autos it is this:

- start with a strain that finishes quickly. There are several fast-finishing strains that will go 55-60 days from seed to harvest. The only way to get large yields with autos is to PRACTICE and find out which combination of methods you are going to use and stick with.

After growing 1 auto in FoxFarms Ocean Forest and then having to manually feed for the last half of the grow, I have changed my whole setup and grow style. Switching to 100% organic / living soil for medium, and using LST, supercropping, and (minor) defoliation.

You can talk about growing autos all day long, but nothing teaches you better than experience. Autos are just a different monster than growing photos. There is less room for error, but with good genetics, you can still end up with a respectable yield.

I would also say that if you are looking for the highest yield possible with your autos, you may want to go with DWC or aeroponics.

A qb260 is plenty of power. That’s the same light I use. I’m just curious: how large is your grow space?

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

9. ok, genetics, now I must correct, any of those ryder crosses are bred to be small. But you have hlg 260, 3000k?
    What medium and what size container?

10. Training is not a real option as you only have a certain amount of time to work with.. its not like you can leave it in flower a lil while longer till ur ready.!

Smoke-A-Lot

11. Yes, both topping and training increase yield. Just because a plant is flowering does not prohibit tying or even topping. They veg and flower at the same time. An untouched auto actually has pretty good yield but a lot of it won't be top quality. I try to have my plant all topped at 4 to 5 weeks. Yield has never been a goal for me. It just happened to me when I went hydro. In perlite they don't give you much choice. either feed or starve. Once you start feeding you can't really quit until they do. And they eat a lot.

12. I would be careful topping autos it can work if you het the timing right butngeg it wrong and youll have a tiny yeild.

Lst is good and can get same results of you know whyblst works as aposed tomjist tieing down shit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pop over to my auto help page should be stickyed.

Oh and autos dont need a great deal pf fpod especilly in the first 2-3 weeks

cheddabeast these went 100daya and the colas were thicker in 2L cola bottles.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I did a big bang auto i didnt know it was an auto as it was a freebie seedbank seed so i topped it twice lol then it started showing white hairs in veg lol yielded just over 4 ozs dry.

15. Training is most definitely an option. It makes all the difference. LST is the only reason I ended up with what I got from my purple bullet auto I just finished. And I’m not even really bragging because the yield is much smaller than I thought it would be due to the many mistakes I made on that grow.

[​IMG]

16. Hahaha that’s awesome

17. Any autos by dutch passion get pretty big mate. My record so far is 22oz from an auto ultimate. (Profile pic)
    I grow in NFT which makes a big difference. Leaves pot plants at the starting line.
    Gotta use lots of light, lots of airflow, lots of oxygen to the roots and keep your temps/humidity fairly in check.
    Decent nutes, a good understanding of what nutes do what and learn how to feed by eye without a schedule. Shcedules are the root of all evil.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. For the last time. I top all my autos. Now I mainline. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  19. happy frog soil. hlg 3000k. have used 3 and 5 gallon air pots

20. What is:

DWC: ?

NFT: ?