How the hell am i going to hide...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by david21216, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Im going through bankruptcy and the lawyers never told me an appraiser was going to have to come over at look at condo... Now how the hell am i suppose to move 15 plants and the whole setup!!!!! I guess maybe the attic but damnit this will suck!

2. dealy man-- tell them you're sick, you need to clean up, etc...whatever it takes to BUY YOURSELF SOME TIME. Then, do you have any family, like older moms who don't ask questions, etc...move it to them. If not, try the attic, depending on how roomy it is..

3. I will have notice before they come and no my mom wouldnt appreciate it, she knows what i do but wouldnt be involved. The attic is plenty big enuff only problem is my light cycle is 12am to 12pm light on so they will be in the dark if in the attic when he comes not to mention its like 40-50 degrees up there Im sure 1 day of that wont hurt too much, the problem lies in putting everything up there taking down my 7 lights and fixtures plus fans etc.

4. Maybe they'll appraise it liberally like the cops do. Your house might just be worth 50 million!

5. starting a grow over is a lot cheaper than another lawyer and jail time. :(

6. You either have to get rid of the plants or suck it up and do what it takes to get them in the attic at exactly 12pm dark, rip down ur lights and fans, throw down a painters drop cloth, and throw a couple of paint buckets and such and tell him ur just repainting the room. Then as soon as he leaves throw ur lights and fans back up and move ur plants back in. Its a lot of work but its what needs to be done. good luck yo

7. Well im not starting over the attic will be fine its just gonna be a lot of work. I hope the guy gives me a time not like 8am-4pm be home bullshit like cable companies. Theres no way i can give these up if i do this right he wont be able to tell and I will be fine just not looking forward to breaking this down its gonna take hours

8. Yeah You got some serious work ahead
    Good Luck with this mission!

9. rent a uhaul and pray they come during dark cycle or.................... you could run an extension cord into the uhaul and pray no one notices but youd prob be better off doing something with some car batteries but those are kinda expensive ;/

10. Thanks guys, i guess this what we have to do sometimes

11. It sux that you have to go through all those changes, but you really shouldn't worry too much about your plants. They'll do fine without lights for a day or two or three.

I had my outdoor plants in my bedroom for 4 days while the telephone company did their thing installing fiber optic cable or whatever. They didn't suffer (much) and sprang back like new once they were back outside.

Good luck.

12. Wouldn't life be much easier if growing cannabis was legal..... In AZ it is a felony to have a seed.

13. not even for souvenir purposes lol??

14. Man, that sucks!

15. Are you sure the appraiser won't want to see the attic?

I actually like the U-Haul idea, if you can keep it warm enough inside. True that a little extra dark should not hurt your plants.

16. move it to a friends house you can TRUST not some you have only none for awhile cause he mite want to look in the attic

17. I have dabbled in some work in the mortgage industry and I just want to warn you that there is a chance the appraiser may want to see your attic. Not trying to be a buzzkill, but trying to find another place other than your house to store the plants for 1 day is probably the best idea. The plants will probably be able to take the stress of a hard day, so try and find someone you can trust.

You can probably keep them in your attic and hope the appraiser doesn't notice. There is a good chance if the appraiser see's them he will not call the police, but it is a risk you may not be willing to take. GOODLUCK!

18. Thats interesting about the appraiser wanting to see the attic I had this place appraised when I first got it and he never even came close maybe he thought there was no attic lol. I dont think the Uhaul idea to be very smart considering I live in condos connected to each other and moving stuff out then back in the next day would probably look very suspicous. I do have fellow growers who i could move the plants to but I dont think that is a good idea either seeing as he lives 35min away and i would prob have to make 2 trips with plants 2ft tall. I think the attic is my only hope maybe i can stack boxes in front of them to hide them i doubt he will go up there seeing as its the biggest pain in the ass to get up there plus i have boxes to the ceiling so i would have to spend like 15min to even clear them out of the way for him. I also just remembered that I know an appraiser who is very down with the green and if i could use him that would be the best option seeing as I wouldnt have to rip anything down, also one of my buddies knows another appraiser who is very cool, and the buddy I know says the guy appraised his house when his setup was in full swing. These would be awesome if i could use my own appraiser guess I'll have to check on that. Wish me luck.

19. #19 jiggaboojones, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
    this is the most effective way to handle this plain and simple . find out when in advance the exact day and time they are comeing . rent a uhaul truck for 20$ a day then put all of you equip . in there plants and exct. they will live with no light for a few days dont hook up light dont run wires just store them just dont let them freeze .no problem. but you will only need 12 to 24 hours. they just might look in your attic they are appraisers they will walk n take pics of all sorts of shit . so no evidence is the way to go put it all in a u haul n forget about the problem for a day n when they are finished you have salvaged all your work. i wouldnt trust anyone.

20. Did you not read what I said? I said I live in condos (25) 3 buildings connected to each other tons of people all around it would look fishy as hell to move some things out then move them back in the next day.