How the fuck does someone buy iron ore..

Discussion in 'General' started by Flemian, Aug 7, 2012.

1. East of Varrock on the way to Lumbridge, and one West of Varrock by the Champions guild.
    Then sell then for 15gold coins in the market place bro

2. you could get a pickaxe and look for ore veins.

3. An iron sword? It won't hold an edge and will be otherwise worthless unless you just want to hang it on your wall.

4. Iron ore? What are you, a fucking n00b?

5. So then if not Iron ore, What materials do I need to smelt a sword.

6. [quote name='"Flemian"']So then if not Iron ore, What materials do I need to smelt a sword.[/quote]

Runite...

7. All the "iron ore" you'll ever need here. Had it valued at 50 bucks a ton of rock 20 yrs back. Have fun extracting it.

[​IMG]
    They were actually after the Uranium at this site. This mine's shaft goes 5 miles strait back before "T" off in an undisclosed distance.

8. Hammer, anvil and furnance;)

But seriously..I'd just google it.

9. Go to the grand exchange. Be sure to use a ring of forging though! ;)

10. Grand Exchange or just power mine, what level mining are you?

11. Runescape nerds unite!!

12. Having been a toolmaker for the past 44 years, I would make it out of stainless -- but it would have to be machined.

If you want to make it look old-timey, then use tool steel, have it hardened and tempered, and let it rust a bit or use wipe-on gun makers' blue.

If you want to make it by blacksmithing (hand forging) then you would probably have to use mild steel (as opposed to tool steel) and have it case-hardened. Without being hardened it will not hold an edge.

When you get the blade done, then you have to make a handle, guard, sheath, etc.

No matter how you do it, it will be a lot of work.

13. [quote name='"Fizzly"']
    Having been a toolmaker for the past 44 years, I would make it out of stainless -- but it would have to be machined.

If you want to make it look old-timey, then use tool steel, have it hardened and tempered, and let it rust a bit or use wipe-on gun makers' blue.

If you want to make it by blacksmithing (hand forging) then you would probably have to use mild steel (as opposed to tool steel) and have it case-hardened. Without being hardened it will not hold an edge.

When you get the blade done, then you have to make a handle, guard, sheath, etc.

No matter how you do it, it will be a lot of work.[/quote]

Zezima?

14. my friend has a website to trade ore for kidneys

15. I know a lot of beginner/hobby blacksmiths start with using leaf springs from cars/trucks.

I know it's not the same as smelting your own iron, but generally it's a good place to start and the metal in most leaf springs are far superior to anything you'd be able to smelt on your own.

16. [quote name='"LSDForPeace"']

Hammer, anvil and furnance;)

But seriously..I'd just google it.[/quote]

I understand the tools I need but the actual sword material. The metal that I'm gonna be hammering.

17. Da wildy is a very scary place, be careful if you choose that route.

18. +rep good sir.

See what happens when blades are helping GC? All you runescape replies should get warnings for being offtopic :devious: