How the fuck do you get a band famous????

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by George Foreman, May 3, 2011.

1. enough with your technicalities I NEED RESULTS MAN

2. STOP SHOUTING AT ME

i never used the website, anyone can post there so im guessing some of it will be legit and some wont, but there wouldn't be a whole section for "social marketing" if they were not serious.

3. well ya know what fuck you

4. You see there's this little thing called "talent"...

5. gigantic vagina

6. yeah you can see that gets you a long way, just look at popular music nowadays, the best of the best.

/sarcasm

7. :rolleyes:

8. i fuckin lold

and fuck your talent it's all about marketing i could give the worlds worst blowjobs if i marketed myself to be some amazing dick sucker people are gonna come at me with their dicks out feel me?

9. You need to find somebody high in the industry, then generally you end up selling yourself to the devil, and boom.

10. lol the lead singer is going out with alison moyets daugheter hows that?

11. My point exactly.

12. promote like a motherfucker

13. Hire a manager
    Make albums/memorabilia.
    Score a contract with a record label.
    Start off by playing small local shows.
    Battle of the bands?
    Make a MySpace/Facebook for the band.
    Try to get the local radio station to play your bands stuff.
    Lots, lots, lots of practice and luck.

14. Depends: do you want to get famous? Or do you want to become successful and make a lucrative living from it?

If you want to get famous, simple: write good music. Play shows. Repeat.

If you want to make any resemblance of a living with your band: forget about writing good music. What you NEED to do, is come up with the next big thing every 8-15 year old girl will want to listen to on their ipod. Get hooked up with a manager, play dress up, put on some horrible shows (which no one would know went horribly), ect.

If you want to make a living as a REAL musician (pardon my subjectivity): you study at the university level (getting there is quite the accomplishment in itself). You teach, you perform (in orchestra, concert band, jazz band or a chamber ensemble), you compose. These are the things will earn you a living as an educated musician (rather than attempting to fish for swordfish in a pond).

Hope my harsh, albeit realistic view on the matter helps!

15. They aren't snorting enough blow.