How the fuck do I quit cigs?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cplus, Mar 26, 2016.

1. I use to smoke a pack a day. Was not a big weed smoker at the time. Then I started to smoking a lot more. I did not like the taste of a cigarette at all after getting high. So I would then just smoke half a cigarette. Then a pack a day was 3/4 a pack. Then 1/2 pack a day. So I just pretty much slowly weend myself off without intending to quit.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  2. Not for me. I could quit smoking weed and experience very little withdrawal.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. #43 Wisdom Tooth, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Nvm

4. This is going to be so hard for me but I really have to do it. I see them killing my dad, and have seen him feel like shit for not being able to quit more times than I care to count. I see that being me later in life if I don't put my foot down and put a stop to it now.

It's going to be hard to give up what's become a ritual of smoking a cigarette immediately after smoking pot- the peak of relaxation.

Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I smoked for about 4 years quit for 2 and started again just quit in November again this time for good I gotta say there isn't no cutting back you just have to quit cold turkey that's the only way it really sucks for about 2 weeks and then it's pretty easy after that lots of will power I even tried vaping. But eventually quit that too after a couple weeks good luck man!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. cinnamon gum

7. The first 2 weeks are known as the weeks of hell. That's when you're craving the most. After that it went away for me. Just a matter of dropping the habit. Gum is your best friend for the first couple of weeks. I smoked for something like 18 years. Quit a year ago. Still want a smoke from time to time until I get a whiff of how bad they smell and taste. So don't expect that to ever really go away.

The Mole Hole

• Like Like x 1
  8. I used to smoke a pack a day, now I smoke randomly. I can go three or four says without even thinking of a cigarette, but then again sometimes I'll have one on my drive into work. At the bar I'll usually have one every 20-30 minutes.

Guess part of it is my environment.

• Like Like x 1