How the fuck do I quit cigs?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cplus, Mar 26, 2016.

1. I was getting uncomfortably close to 2 packs a day. Quitting seemed impossible. Thinking about quitting made me want to smoke more.

I fairly easily switched to an e-cig/cheap vape for a couple months. One day the battery died and I was too lazy to go get a new one and I realized I didn't need it anymore.

I think the vape helped tremendously to accomplish it but it wasn't the reason why. I was getting a bad smokers cough and I really wanted to quit for my health.

I think you really need to want to quit to be successful. It gets easier every day and every day you suffer through is one day closer to never going through that stress again.

Been 3 years and a month since I quit :bongin: :bongin:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Environment has to be a huge key ,Every time I try I'll go a week and do fine, but as soon as I have a beer with dad or mom and see them smoking its over. I've kicked some of the worlds most addicting substances but I cannot conquer these things, and I hate them. Good luck buddy!

3. You have several options. You could use an electronic cigarette or vaporiZer. These are good because you pick the level of nicotine and they taste great. You could also use nicotine gum. It works, but not as well as vapes in my opinion. Or you could quit cold turkey but that can be difficult. Smoke alot more weed

-Sent from Zeta Reticuli starsystem-

4. #24 Wisdom Tooth, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    The best advice i can give you is try to not be around them. A change in lifestyle or new activities is shown to help addictions dramatically and i can vouch from my own experience. The more i stayed away from smokes the less i wanted one, this told me it was all in the mind and i wasn't really addicted. The more new activities and events i did daily or methods to keep my mind busy, the less i thought about a cigg. Eventually i was asking myself why did i ever smoke and got my energy back.

Sooner or later you will realize you only crave them when you see or think about them. Which tells you one thing. Its all in your head :)

The hardest thing for me was not smoking or accepting a smoke when out partying or drinking or similar activities. Once i got through the first few sessions of that, It was smooth scaling from there. 6months clear now. For the first few weeks i used dried weed leaves instead.

5. Ditch the e cigs too. That shit doesn't get people off of inhaling chemicals. Just different kinds. Yes you can experience medical problems from ecigs.

Platinumkidd Coco LED/ CFL Grow

• Like Like x 2
  6. What kind of problems?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I dip i can quit but i find it very hard not to just throw your cigs out and get a ecig or something goodluck

8. Nicotine is indeed a physically addicting drug. It's no joke.

Listen to it
    It wont disappoint you :)

9. Saying cigarettes are physically addictive is like saying sugar is physically addictive, its nothing but an excuse for your own weakness. I smoked for 8 years, I know how it feels to "crave" a cigarette but comparative to the other things I have experienced in my life it was nothing to complain about.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The build up of half combusted glycerin and other crap can cause respiratory problems and studies have shown that there are still carcinogens present in the smoke/vapor so you're still chancing cancer though the risk isn't quite as high as tobacco.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #31 SweetMaryJane, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    I am not pulling info out of my. Nicotine has been shown to cause some level of physical dependence.Look it up.

And if it wasn't physically addicting, why would people keep doing it? I smoked probably like a pack of cigarettes my whole life and it never made me feel good. I see no reason for phycological addiction, but you tell me, does it make you feel good?

Listen to it

12. Also every recovery different, just because you didn't have withdrawal symptoms doesn't mean others won't too.

Listen to it

13. I been smoking for about 4 years now, honestly it's a very hard habit to kick. It's easier with non smoking aids so I have heard. Don't take chantex though there are some pretty hefty side effects.

14. #34 SirInfi, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    It's difficult to say the least.

I smoked for over 15 years (Marlboro reds), and tried all sorts of methods to quit, all failed except the high powered box mod vapes.
    The little stick pen vapes didn't work for me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I never said I didn't have any "withdrawal" symptoms from cigs, they're just nothing compared to withdrawal from real drugs and people shouldn't bitch about it.

16. Withdrawals are less than cannabis.

When I quit smoking cold turkey, i just remember being irritable.

17. #37 Kefka, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    X

18. Meant to say could not smoke while sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #39 Wisdom Tooth, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    If you really wanted you could quit then and there IMHO.
    Just depends on how much you want too.

20. Put weed in your cigs

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1