Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

How the ballots should be.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Crunge, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Americans should vote by taking a quiz. Americans are stupid, so when they vote, they don't even know what they're voting for. I think if voters took a quiz that had questions about your stance on gay marriage and foreign policy and shit like that, then when they finish taking to quiz, the candidate who best represents their opinions is who they've just voted for. That way if someone is strictly democrat, but have opinions that sway with a republican candidate, they will be voting for a republican candidate instead of voting for the democrat just because they hate republicans.

I know our voting system is shit, and the electoral college pretty much rules everything, but it's just an idea.

2. What about decisions that aren't binarisms?

3. There would probably be more in-depth questions than just "yes or no"...

4. Oh, hope it's multiple guess.

5. That's a good idea but people would never adopt it. "it takes to long, I know who I want to vote for" along with other bullshit. And who's to say the computer knows who you want to vote for based solely on your questions? Or with the corrupt govt. it votes for whoever is supposed to win that election anyways. Just my .02

6. What if each candidate took the test? Then the computer would compare the voter's test to the candidates' test.

"I think this should be governed like this".
    "Oh, Gary Johnson shares that opinion with you."

"You share 95% of your opinions with Barack Obama. You have voted for Barack Obama"

7. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']What if each candidate took the test? Then the computer would compare the voter's test to the candidates' test.

"I think this should be governed like this".
    "Oh, Gary Johnson shares that opinion with you."

"You share 95% of your opinions with Barack Obama. You have voted for Barack Obama"[/quote]

Would you have the option to say no I don't want to vote for them? What if you agree with them but they were in an affair scandal and don't want to vote for them? Btw I hate people who vote along party lines. Total cop out. But the computer doesn't take into account morals and religion which factors into a lot of people's voting whether it should or not.

8. [quote name='"dudeindistress3"']

Would you have the option to say no I don't want to vote for them? What if you agree with them but they were in an affair scandal and don't want to vote for them? Btw I hate people who vote along party lines. Total cop out. But the computer doesn't take into account morals and religion which factors into a lot of people's voting whether it should or not.[/quote]

Say if I take the test, and I'm 98% Jill Stein, 92% Gary Johnson, and 88% Ron Paul. If Jill Stein is an active member of the Aryan Brotherhood, I could opt for either Gary Johnson or Ron Paul.

I agree, I think you should be able to choose from the candidates that share at least 75%, or 80% of your opinions.

This way if you are a strict republican, and you only share 5% or your opinions with Mitt Romney, you can't vote for him.

9. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']

Say if I take the test, and I'm 98% Jill Stein, 92% Gary Johnson, and 88% Ron Paul. If Jill Stein is an active member of the Aryan Brotherhood, I could opt for either Gary Johnson or Ron Paul.

I agree, I think you should be able to choose from the candidates that share at least 75%, or 80% of your opinions.

This way if you are a strict republican, and you only share 5% or your opinions with Mitt Romney, you can't vote for him.[/quote]

I like that option for primary elections or non-presidential elections. But in a presidential election you basically only have two choices. And most people have enough common sense they could figure out who the test would say they would vote for without taking it. Especially adding moral obligations into the mix. If Obama was a rapist I would vote for Romney without a doubt no matter what I believed. Not trying to bash your system, I like the idea.

10. wait... who has the power to do this? Oh yeah, the people who would lose all their power by doing this. Nice idea but it's not even realistic in the slightest.

11. I like it...the costlier it is for people to vote the better.

12. Multiple choice.... you shouldnt be guessing.