How tall do plants grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by davidwest69, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Sounds like a simple question...hope it is!

I have a room that is 4ft high and 2.2ft wide.. would that be sufficient for one plant?

2. Not simple at all.

How tall is your pot?
    How tall is your light?
    What light are you using so you know how much clearance you have for your plant to avoid heat stress?

Now subtract those from your 4' and that is how tall your plant can be.

If left alone and vegged properly plants will grow to be 6'+ tall, since you don't have this kind of room you can implement some LST techniques and get a good harvest in your space.

3. right ok well i dont have any equipment yet, whats the best route to go down for this kind of setup?

4. rule of thumb is one gal. of medium per foot of vertical growth. by limiting root-mass, you limit growth. that's how they make bonsai trees. also, don't let it get too big in veg. i usually throw them into flower when they get about a foot tall. since your space is limited, i'd flower them at about 8 inches in 2 gallon containers or so.

5. Also, sativa vs indica strains = Indicas are shorter and may suit your growing area better. My current grow is a mix of strains and the sativas are already over 3 feet tall and they still have 6 weeks to go!

6. very good point! try and get a 100% indica.

7. Thunder strike is dead on. Plants will double and sometimes triple when put into flowering. This is where bending comes handy.

8. When I flower, I also top my plants and that will slow the stretch and plants will be smaller. I have some superbud that are only 18 inches high and I expect to pull 3-4oz per plant. I top my plants the same time they switch cycle, that way they going through stress from being topped and change of light all at once .

9. Oh yeh, 18 inches is after the 2-3 week stretch.

10. i straight up have some ten foot tall blueberrys happenin right now. i let them go too long in veg. then by the time the two week stretch went... they were a foot above my light. now it just keeps stretchin and stretchin.

im looking at eight to ten ounces per plant though. too bad i only have two of em.

i generally like to veg until three feet high. that way they pretty much stay under my six foot lamp height. i might have to bend a little here and there but its not bad.

11. [​IMG] [​IMG] just couple pics superbud starting week 5 flower 2day

12. first pic isnt loading? you dont pop off the big leaves?

13. no dont take off leaves until end of 5 week mate . [​IMG]albums/gg488/trippytrappy/20120908_185655.jpg[/IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. [quote name='"needa"']first pic isnt loading? you dont pop off the big leaves?[/quote]

I never trim leaves unless more than 50% dead. It has resulted in bigger buds. I also lollipop my girl and remove scraggly, small branches.

15. leafs start to yellow up round bout end 5 , begining 6th week , if they wont just pull off they stop were they are unless like Kronic says , 50% DEAD .

16. wow they look great! how tall are they??

17. They are 18 inches high and filling out nicely,