How tall do I make frame for scrog

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Popcorn, Dec 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. i got a 5by5 tent I plant to use pvc to make a table like frame to secure to my tent poles and do the screws in top with string squares. I have done some research so I got it kind wondering what height to build the the frame the strain I am growing says between 2-2.5. Also is mason line fine for the string?

2. You’ll want it adjustable so you can make sure you have enough room to work under it. I used eyehooks on my wood frame that slid up and down on the pvc legs and used castration bands under each eyehook to keep it at that height

D4DCB157-0C32-40A4-AADE-C576BE4517AF.jpeg

3. I just wanna say first off s2c I appreciate everything you seem to be one of the most helpful ppl on the forum. Also I get the idea now I will likely do the same exact thing you got in the picture. A small explaination of what you mean by move it up and down I am just getting to the point where I don't fuck with the little guy for days at a time as opposed to hours lol. Just don't want to be moving all the time trying to figure it out. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I have my scrog frame about 8" above my pots. The estimated strain heights are irrelevant when running a scrog.

5. Once you set the screen height, it stays for the entire grow. You may change your style at some point and decide to scrog one or two larger plants rather than a lot of small one which would require a taller pot. Or you may have some 7 gallons and some 3 gallons in there so you can fine tune the height to work for both.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ya, this soil2 guy is very helpful. The forum is lucky to have him. Not so lucky to have me :0

Well anyway, my experience is limited, but I have a scrog setup that works for me. Simple.

Just a frame of 2"pvc, and light wire grate, identical to many shown here and elsewhere. My application requires no weight, no wood, no nothing. But your tent needs to be of quality.

I tie the framed pvc/grate directly to the vertical posts(4 - one for each corner) via fishtank air tubing. It's kinda sticky, and ties a knot that wont slip, unless you want it to. Easy up and down, and a piece of cake at harvest. i can chop the whole 4'x4'x4plants, leave the plants intact, and hang the whole jam, and then just prune it off as it dries.

Whatever works for you best, and thanks to all of those that share and have given so much in the past, as I'd be ded widout ya ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. That works too. Stoner engineering. I’ve seen so many creative things in Grow rooms. A lot made with things around the house. I still stack plants on chunks of wood, paint cans, etc

• Like Like x 1
  8. Another quick question is the screen used mostly during the stretch? I have done lst and its my first plant so she's not very big due to me topping and messing with it, heard that to much stress will cause a hermi so fingers crossed we will see

9. You tuck all through the stretch then let the buds grow vertical

• Like Like x 1
  10. paint cans are my favorite, next to milk crates;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have seen this often were ppl put put the plant up higher I mean mine are sitting on something to let air get underneath my smart pot but why not just lower the light?

12. I have 6 plants in my 4x4. Three seperate 4-qb120 lights. I can raise them each separately but sometimes there’s a plant or two that needs to be raised a little so the canopy is even. In veg this is is even more important

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. And does the maximum height not pla a role because plant never believes it gets to that height? That's about all my questions for Scrog thanks.

14. I haven’t come close because I train wide rather than let them grow tall.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I just bought a HLG 135w QB V2LED 4000k....hoping to use this light in a 2x3x6" cab from start to finish for my 1st grow....

16. I have been looking for an answer to another Scrog question and have not been able to find anything. My question is how much tension in the string example is like tight to the point the plant can't even flex my net?

17. Tight is good. But with pvc you can bend the frame

18. Just a question about cgrog in general how do you get rid of run off when you can't take plants out anymore.

• Like Like x 1