How tall before switching to flower (12/12)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Germain311, May 3, 2020.

1. #1 Germain311, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Hi guys,

Bought clones and had them for 21 days now (18/6). I transplanted them from 1 gallon pots to 5 gallon yesterday and the tallest is about 18 inches (smallest is 15 inches). I just read that they will double in size once switching to flower (12/12).

I have about 46 inches from the top of the pot to the highest point I can put my light (3x3 tent). If the 18 inch doubles in height, it would be at 36 inch, 10 feet away from light, which means, I should switch to flower now??

Just a bit unsure since it's my first time and it has only been 3 weeks and I read that you should veg for about 6 weeks.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Thanks!!

2. How much space from the top of your plant to the light? Have you topped them or lst at all?

Sativa's can double or even triple, indicaa stretch for sure, but usually dont go AS much. Bigger the plant bigger the stretch, when in doubt, flip. Don't want to burn your crop!

:)

And which light are you using? 10 inches away can be fine, or it could kill it

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 Germain311, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    For the space from the top of the plant to the light, I have adjustable hangers and can go up and down as needed. For now I've had it at 16 inches. The highest I can go is 46 inches from the top of the pot to the light, so for a plant that's 36 inches (assuming it will double in size), the top would then be 10 inches away from light.

The light is a mars hydro tsw 2000 LED. not that hot. So... switch now? After 3 weeks?
    Thanks

4. How many plants ? your lighting speck .
    • Actual Power: 310W+/ -5%@ 100--277V
    • Coverage: Veg: 4’x4’(120x120cm); Bloom: 3’x3’(90x90cm)
    • Compared to HPS/MH/HID: 450W
    • Average Yields: 1.5g/W
    • PPE: 2.1-- 2.35umol/J
    so bloom 3/3 area 5 gallon pots led indica or sativa ? got a pic if your not sure ? your total height available in that tent is ?