how sweet it is...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by myrrhlynn, Sep 2, 2018.

1. throughout my life i have never had a great sense of smell, so the odor that hit me this morning got me worried. it's CA legal now, and since my patio is well above street level and out of sight for the most part (i checked the other day and if i looked closely i could just barely see tops)... i thought i could avoid the attraction. but when i open up the patio door this morning, even i cold detect an overwhelming familiar scent. is this a normal change that occurs? i'm probably going on about 6-7 weeks of flowering now. frankly it could have been fragrant much sooner than i probably could have detected it, it just seems much stronger today.

oh well...so much for being stealthy... :)

2. next time plant basil plants also , I have a monster bush of basil by the time im in flower so the neighbors smell basil more than anything else

3. good idea... i actually have two basil plants, but they are dwarfed beside the 6 females. i know of some wild mint that grows close-by, i'll try to add some of that. wish i had a yard, but i only have a patio that's about 1/3 filled up with 6 big pots.

i was going to put up some pictures with the OP, but all my shots from a few days ago disappeared after i downloaded them from my camera. weird, but it's not like they are irreplaceable, so here are a few of the tops.

0041.jpg 0045.jpg 0051.jpg 0055.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lemon basil particularly good also

5. Pic 2&3 yum

6. the weird part is that i'm pretty sure all these seeds came out of the same bag (i managed to score 18 seeds very likely due to someone not paying very close attention, perhaps?), but looking at the plants, i see three distinct types of tops. the soil i used was partly scrounged and partly new, and probably different from pot to pot. could that have made that much of a difference is what sprouts up? i've never been good at keeping records.

7. Was there a difference in flash of the camera? The first one and last one just look darker and less resinous . Could be soil, impossible to say really. But they all look healthy. Ive had plants that look like they are going to be crap and finish very strong, and others that start flowering awesome and kind of stall.

8. #8 myrrhlynn, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    here are some overhead shots i took today... i took five pictures of each plant* ... chose two and paired them up, so each picture shows two tops off the same plant...

01-05.jpg 06-09.jpg 11-13.jpg 18-20.jpg 22-23.jpg

2 and 4 are definitely the best looking and very similar. the small leafs (sugar leaves?) are literally covered top and bottom with trichomes. plants 1 & 5 show a lot less of the trichomes and in relatively the same pattern on the leaves. plant #3 is probably a bit different in that it was a very late transplant. when i killed off the males, i moved two plants from 1½ gal pots to 6 gal pots. plant #3 was definitely thrown for a loop and is now trying to grow larger while flowering, but it's been surprisingly resilient to the move. the tops look like that are going to be massive since the nodes that used to be just flowering are now growing short branches with 2-3 flowering nodes replacing the previous single flower.

plant #6 not shown is another flowering move, but since it was a small plant to begin with, after i moved it, i pruned back all the flowering nodes (not many) and watched to see what would happen. it didn't do much for about a week, but in the last week it has shown some amazing new growth with each new node showing up almost immediately starting to flower. should be an interesting September.