How strong is the smell during drying?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Luki101, Sep 2, 2010.

1. I'm starting up another grow, I've started germinating 6 seeds, I'm going to put them in pots till they're a foot tall each, and I'm planning on harvesting in early to mid november, depending on how fast they mature. I'm going to be trimming the buds and everything at my friends house, but i'll have to dry them at my place. I cant have my landlord smelling the still green bud, so I was wondering how strong the smell is.
    My curing/drying box right now is a rubbermaid bin with a carbon filter attached at one side, and holes drilled around it so that theres airflow. Think it'd work ?Any suggestions on what i could do to improve this design ?

Thanks everyone,
    Peace !

2. its insanely strong, at least it has been for mine. about the box i dunno i might keep the smell down, might wanna cover it with a heavy blanket to.

3. You know that smell of cat piss / skunk? Well that multiplied a few times is what the first 3 - 5 days are going to smell like :) It does go down as it dries.

4. I'm doing my first grow in years and have become a dad in that time, since i don't want my kid smelling it i'm gonna be setting up my grow room as a drying room and run the carbon filter. It's effing strong man, it stinks, it's beautiful :) You will also need fresh air to dry it so you can't just have it in an air tight or anything.

5. Yep, as strong as it gets. There are some phenotypes that are low odor, but don't count on that being the case with your grow because most aren't.

6. Yeah the box isn't airtight, I made sure of that because my very first indoor grow I tried a stealth grow with a rubbermaid bin lined with mylar, and CFL's along the top of the bin. The plant stopped growing after about a week, and then shriveled up and died because it was too hot/humid and there was no CO2 supply for the plant.

7. I have zero odor control because the strain I'm running is so low odor.

That is, until harvest, then it flat out reeks.

So yeah, if your plant smells while growing, expect waaaay more when harvested.

Wet