How soon to fert?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Quickbeam, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Question: How soon should I start fertalizing my babies? I have heard that a good rule is two weeks... does that apply to fluros and HIDs? Also, I noticed some of my plants are a lot more vigorous than others, two planted at the same time, one has 3 nodes (I think a node is points where leaves emerge, that correct?) + cotyldons, while another is still on its first node... is there a better way to judge when it is safe to start fert'ing based on plant height or number of nodes/leaves? Or is the two week rule ok?

Any help appreciated.

2. really varies from plant to plant, but i;d wait until it really starts growing before fertilizing... ans if the plants are from seed, in most cases the males grow faster and taller than the females, FYI...

give the larger plants a 1/2 strength growth formula and let the smaller ones get abit more growth in before feeding. (unless you want to give them some really weak food, like 1/4 strength or less)

:hippie:

3. Sounds good, ty for advice. :)

4. If you want an actual time..i'd say about 3-4 weeks they would be mature enough to start ferting.