How small do carbon filters come?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DCS, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Im doing a micro grow in a small cabinet. 1-2 plants. Ive got everything i need to get this underway, but before i get beyond planting these suckers i decided i want air filtration as an extra precaution. With that said, what filter would you guys recommend, and what kind of fan to pull the air through it?

2. Fan size is dictated by grow room size, in a 4x4 sqft I've used 2 pc fans under T5's, anything bigger than 4x4' I'd go 6 inch fans, it's justifying the volume that the fan must suck 4x4= 16 sqft good for a 4"fan but low heat, 16sqft under an hps would dictate 6"fan,
    anything smaller than 16 sqft, I'd still stick with 4" fan,and make my own filters, theres a post in the forum...somewhere...

peace
    "V"

3. Good thinking. I have a small filter 4 inch 150 cfm. dimensions are 7 inches wide 12 inches long. Doesnt get a whole lot smaller then that. you can however find one thats longer and not as fat. its the 2000 model. i think made by can or phat. not sure

As for a fan your gonna want an inline or a mixed flow. If noise is an issue i would reccomend the solar and palau 4 inch td100x mixed flow. If its not an issue buy a cheap inline. the s&p is very quiet and moves 135cfm, perfect to go with one of those small filters. for decent new fan and filter your looking at 140.00 minimum, shipping included. good luck

4. I always found the DIY filters a pain in the ass to make and they never work as good as a manufactured filter...

I'd go with this 4" Inline Fan & Carbon Filter Combo for $113 bucks and free shipping...
    (ALL Orders Shipped in Discreet Packaging!)

5. See in my mind this is all still too big for a 1-2 plant grow. Am i wrong on that?

6. Depends on what you're growing...
    Skunk #1, I'd get the 6"...

You will get most of your smell when drying and the plants are releasing their gases at more rapid of a rate...
    IMO it is better to go too big, as opposed to going too small and be a waste of money...

7. Ideally I will have (at flower) 1 white widow and im thinking 1 Ak-47 for the other. Are either of those particularly stanky? lol

8. Again, IMO it is better a little larger, as opposed going too small, and it being a total a waste of money...

4" x 12" is good I think...