How small can you go?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thekarp, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Hey all,

I've been wanting grow bud on my own for some time but always thought it was too complicated. recently i've been reading all the guides here and am finding that it doesnt look to as complicated as i thought it would be and actually quite manageable.

My question for those seasoned indoor growers is how small can your grow op space be? does it depend solely on how much bud you want as a result? or is there a minimum?

I'm asking because the only available spot where i live is a completely light proof area that is 16x16x16(inches) ill post a picture when i get my hands on a camera later tonight to show exactly what it is because its real hard to explain.

I was wondering if this space is adequate for a miniature grow? and how i would go about starting one if this space was large enough.

all help is greatly appreciated!

thanks a lot

2. That sounds like an awfully tight space, but I bet that if you're careful you could make it work. I can only envision growing a single plant from seed to harvest there (given the diameter of the pot you'll want for a plant as it flowers), and you'd have to do some serious training to keep the plant short enough in that space-- there really wouldn't be much room for error, since you won't have much ability to move your lights up and down.

There's a thread, http://www.yahooka.com/forum/sacred-scrolls/54174-flower-me-short-start-12-12-harvest.html, which might help you out with this.

Also, ventilation will be a problem for you in such a small area, which leads me to recommend fluoros to avoid heat buildup, and will also let you keep your plant very close to the light.

Maybe I can give you some more advice when I see a picture (and I'm a bit new to growing myself, so take my advice with a grain of salt). But no matter what I wish you the best of luck, and I'm sure that you'll be able to grow something, somewhere, somehow!

3. [quote name='thekarp']Hey all,

I've been wanting grow bud on my own for some time but always thought it was too complicated. recently i've been reading all the guides here and am finding that it doesnt look to as complicated as i thought it would be and actually quite manageable.

My question for those seasoned indoor growers is how small can your grow op space be? does it depend solely on how much bud you want as a result? or is there a minimum?

I'm asking because the only available spot where i live is a completely light proof area that is 16x16x16(inches) ill post a picture when i get my hands on a camera later tonight to show exactly what it is because its real hard to explain.

I was wondering if this space is adequate for a miniature grow? and how i would go about starting one if this space was large enough.

all help is greatly appreciated!

Check my sig bro...

4. MJ can be grown in really small spaces, but usually it takes the skill of an experienced and knowledgeable grower to be able to pull it off well. However, it is usually the first timers who want to try to grow in really small spaces.

The real problem is height. The pot that the plant is in will take up some height, the light at the top will take up some height, there needs to be at least a little space between the light and the plant, so what does that leave for the plant itself?

Bottom line: if you are a newbie and want to grow in a space that small I think that either you will be unsuccessful or will yield too little to be worth it, IMO.