How small can you go with decent bud

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Buds245, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Hello I am new here, was planning on making a discreet grow box and was wondering how small can you go without risking having a plant with no bud, like what size pot would be acceptable. Also, I plan on keeping the plant pretty short , around 2 feet, and plan to top and cut leaves so it goes short and stocky.

2. Google couldn't help you?

I guess it's GC's responsibility now.

3. I tried google but no legit answers could be found

4. in my opinion micro grows like that arent worth the care you need to put into them. try outdoor (guerilla) growing instead - much simpler, many many times the yield.

5. I was thinking about 2 or 3 feet.. Hoping ill get a decent amount of bud off of it

6. Not sure why everyone wants to rag on you, or tell you to do something else. There are forums for micro grows, I would look there. Also, find a journal of someone doing a scrog, they work well in confined spaces. Yoda has one, so do lots of other people...good luck.

7. A pc case is about as small as you can go for it to be worth it. You could try a monster can micro grow with a bag seed if you want to mess around and learn about growing without much risk.

8. Gotcha, well ya it'll definitely be bigger than a pc box, I'm gonna make some plans tomorrow, thinking like 36in tall, 18in wide

9. I used a mini fridge with 115 acutal led watts i yeilded almost 2 ounces on a auto

10. I've read that auto is a must for small boxes, is this true?

11. Not always some people even start plants 12 and 12, not to mention the endless amount of training you can do

12. Ya I've read about training, this is gonna be a first grow so it's gonna be an excitement and see what works best for me

13. Experiment* damn iphone

14. Man i remember my first grow, anticipation, excitement, failure.
    Shit reminds Me of losing my virginity.

15. Haha I'm pretty sure I'm more excited than I was to lose it

16. Lol but if your really set on autos go onto herbies head shop i perfer there selection

17. Well I figure ill just grab a seed from some random dank I had, give that a go and see if it's a good enough box, than ill buy some online, would you recommend autos over just ordinary feminized? I've looked at some and didn't have the strains I like in auto

18. Theres a new release called kc brains 45 at herbies, it really has me interested in it do to the sativa qualities, i am more of a sativa smoker which is hard to find in a auto

19. What exactly does the auto do that's different than a regular seed? I'm still a noob at this lol

20. With a auto its doesnt need a light change to flower and there FAST SEED TO BUD IN AROUND 65-70 DAYS