Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Should I Tell My Roommate?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by skittles124578, Oct 28, 2009.

1. How should I tell my dorm roommate that I smoke weed? We don't really talk that much, but it isn't because we don't get along, he is just kind of a quiet guy. He is pretty shy and not that social. I don't think he doesn't like me, and I have no reason not to like him, we just don't have very many conversations because they always seem super awkward since he rarely talks.

Well I enjoy smoking weed, and have a pipe and a bag of weed around me a lot. I have tried to find a place to hid it, but I keep having to get it out of that hiding place while my roommate is in the room, so I am sure he knows where it is by now. My roommate drinks and leaves beer in the fridge all the time, so it isn't like he is against the idea or getting drunk, but I always get worried that people that don't smoke weed will freak out in a room with weed in it. I don't ever smoke in the room, I got quite a ways away and smoke, but I don't know if he is comfortable with me having it in room.

Should I tell him I smoke? That I have stuff in the room? Or not tell him at all?

2. maybe you should try to find out his opinions on smoking before you even bring up that you do it, ask him about it from a political view, should it be legalized, etc. this information could help you determine whether or not he would be okay with you having it or not.

3. just ask him. its not a big deal

4. the same way i told one of my anti-pot friends.

"I smoke weed."

5. yeah man just talk casually with him about it to see if he's against it, or maybe he'll admit to smoking himself, you never know.

Luckily both my roommates smoke, and between two of us, we have a huge glass collection, i love it.

But yeah if dude seems against it, might not want to mention you've got pot in the room...

6. I did ask him on one of the first days here if he drinks or smokes. He said he drinks, so I know he doesn't smoke. He seems super nice, so i am torn here, because I don't want him to freak out if he doesn't know, but I feel like he knows already, so telling him would just be a load off my back.

7. Yeah, if you think he already knows then I think you should just tell him. Would gain his respect and trust, plus as long as he's not an asshole/bible thumper/etc he probably won't do anything too rash. Talking it out is probably best. If he is a bit against you having illegal substances then .. Well talking it out is probably best, LoL.

8. blow smoke in his face.

I kinda had the same problem, but my roommate talks a lot. And maybe the reason he doesn't talk a lot is because you don't talk to him? I dunno, it doesn't sound like you're talking to much either, he might think you're quite also. I obviously don't know much about your situation, but it could be possible.

Anyways, about bringing it up, I don't know if bringing it up politically would work, if he says he doesn't like it, what are you going to say? If you bring up the positive points after bringing it up, and then saying some good points about it, it pretty much makes it obvious. I think the best way would probably ask if he does, but before that run a few possible responses through your mind and think of what to say to each of his responses.

9. make a joke about the beers and then make a joke about pot. break him into it. then just straight up ask him if he smokes pot. if he doesn't, then i dont suggest using it around the dorm. the kid isnt gunna care if you blaze as long as you keep it on the dlow. if he does blaze, talk to him about his views on weed. doesnt have to be political. but you can ask him a few questions about the bud he smoked and stuff...

if he blazes or used to blaze.. should be smooth sailing from there on

10. word, well just tell him then. if he's a cool guy like you say, shouldn't be anything to worry about...

11. Somebody already said blow smoke in his face.

But seriously, just talk to him, bring it up and be casual about it.

12. yes you should tell him

13. ask hey man u smoke, if yes then cool if no dont tell em bout your stash nd play it off

14. ask him if he liked Half Baked. if he laughs and says yes,then his down :cool:

15. #15 SpiceMadeOfLife, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
    lol, dude relax. Its really not that big of a deal. you can either just casually bring it up in conversation or you can just go for it while he's just chillin or somethin. You could go about it something like this:

"hey dude can I ask you a question?"

he'll likely say "yea sure"

you say "do you smoke weed?"

then, he'll either say "no I don't", "yea occasionally", or "yea I was basically baked all summer". Then, he'll likely ask "why do you?"

and then you either say (if he said no) "yea I do, that okay by you?", or for a more positive response "yea man wanna burn a j?"

don't get much simpler than that mah friend

16. Don't be too surprised when you find the quiet ones smoke pot, too.

17. This. This is also what they mean in those sayings when they say "be yourself". Just ask what's on your mind, don't overcomplicate, just be nice about it.

i.e. if he says "no I don't smoke weed, why do you ask" all you have to say is "oh I smoke weed, if that's not alright with you then ill keep my weed out of the dorm. if you're cool with it ill just hide it somewhere and if it gets discovered I'll take all the blame for it, that alright?"

18. This and This.
    That seems the most respectful way to ask. I think thats the biggest thing right here. Your pretty much askin respect from your roomie so give him some respect by telling him.

19. just whip out a blunt while in his presence and ask him to blaze:smoking:

idk though ive nvr found weed to be a big deal at all, i mean in high school pretty much everyone blazed so what makes college any different?