Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How should I talk to my dad?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CRIMSONxOMERTA, May 30, 2011.

1. Me and some friends were out on the boat dock at a party with my family and some family friends. Everyone went inside to eat or whatever and we went to the 2nd floor of the dock where they were all chilling and drinking earlier. We found a wooden box with a one hitter and some green in it and we were like "SWEET". We weren't gonna take anything though, because we had our own ganja and it would be obvious if we took the piece... Anyway my dad came up there after a while and we were like "if he takes it, we know he burns" (which is bad ass, haha). So he sat up there and talked for a bit. we turned around intentionally to look out on the water at this boat for a good 45 seconds, and when we turned back around he was headed down the steps and the case was gone. The whole time he was up there talking he would look down at it and shit too, haha.
    Also, he doesn't know I smoke. How should I bring it up without being awkward? I don't even know if I want to burn with my dad... But it would be nice to have the peace of mind knowing he accepts it. I need some help! Haha. If he doesn't think I should smoke I guess I'll just continue to do it in secrecy.

2. Oh, and we were the only ones up there when he took it, so we know it was him.

3. You should stick a 1 gram baggie of whatever you have in the box with a note that says something like "From your favorite son ;)" Then, let him approach you about it.

4. I think it depends on your age.
    If you really want to have a conversation about it I would just approach him when he is relaxed and bring it up. Tell him you saw him take it and you know what it was. I would have confronted him then and there when he was walking down the stairs with it and said "you gonna share that? If you share yours, we'll share ours" lol

5. #5 CRIMSONxOMERTA, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Seriously considering this, haha.

6. "doing drugs with parents, is just wrong."

so, do as others above have suggested, but don't smoke with him.

7. Can I change my answer to TokeyMcSmokeys? lol

8. #8 CRIMSONxOMERTA, May 30, 2011
    I've heard some people say that it's a really good experience. I've always been really close to my dad, but I just think it would be awkward...
    Who said that quote anyway?

9. #9 CRIMSONxOMERTA, May 30, 2011
    Your answer was my first thought too. I might just end up doing that, seems practical.

10. I'll be sure to let you guys know how all of this pans out by the way[:

11. Some people are so lucky to have parents that smoke. My dad smoked for three years when he was in high school but quit because he didnt like what it was doing to him. And so he is sooo opposed to it that he threatens to kick me out of the house if he found any of it on his property(only staying here for this summer until i permenantly move out). So i have to be insanely secretive about it. Oh and i like the gram baggie o' chron in his smoke chest idea. You are an adult and can make your own decisions so he shoukdnt be bothered by your smoking.

12. I actually like smoking with my dad. We don't have a whole lot in common, and weed is something gives us something to do together (growing 'n such) and talk about. We've had some good nights spent up until 5 am just talking and smoking. It depends on how your relationship with your dad is.

13. #13 ryan219, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011
    Haha, it's a song by the punk band NOFX. I meant it jokingly. My relationship with my dad is shit. He has MS. If I discovered that he smokes marijuana for it's medicinal purposes, then it would be a 'really good experience'. Yeah it would be hella awkward but still.

:)

14. Have you tried talking to him about smoking to ease his symptoms? I'm almost 100% certain that I read that smoking can help slow down MS and even reverse it. I can't remember where I read that though.

15. Yeah man, we both know about the usefulness of the drug. The pharmacists have created 'Sativex' which is oral spray. The side effects are bad for him. So he's stop using. Mehh, it's cool :smoke:

16. Any other ideas as to how I could bring this up?

17. Just ask him about drugs in general. "Dad, have you ever smoked pot?" ...
    "What's your opinion on it." ...
    "Would you understand if I wanted to/ have tried it?" ...

etc etc.

18. NOFX-Door Nails...(thats were i know it from haha)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMCrsmFcYRY]YouTube - ‪NOFX - Door Nails‬‏[/ame]

19. it took a while for me and my dads knowledge of each other smoking to surface, but we have never smoked together. maybe someday, but i really have no desire to smoke with my dad.

20. My advice is. Don't.
    I thought my dad would be cool because he blazes ALL day (like he's never not high) and he found some of my pipes. Totally ratted me out and fucked me over. Total fucking Douche.

It's best just to let it be.