How should I smoke?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Notorious13, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Hey guys I'm new here (but im not new to smoking) so I apologize if this post is in the wrong place. Anyway, I'm a college student and have been living on my own for a while so I can smoke freely. But recently I have transferred colleges and im back in my hometown and won't be able to get my own place for about a year so I'm moving in with my parents for the mean time. Both my parents are all for legalizing weed but neither smoke it. And they aren't okay with me smoking under there roof. So I want to limit myself by not bringing any of my weed or anything else into the house, I just want to leave it in my car. I am also worried about the smell and don't want my car to reak like weed. People have told me to get a vape but I am worried about charging it, do they make car chargers? If not, are there any good cases that mask the smell well for pipes? Sorry for the long post.

2. Hey guys I'm new here (but im not new to smoking) so I apologize if this post is in the wrong place. Anyway, I'm a college student and have been living on my own for a while so I can smoke freely. But recently I have transferred colleges and im back in my hometown and won't be able to get my own place for about a year so I'm moving in with my parents for the mean time. Both my parents are all for legalizing weed but neither smoke it. And they aren't okay with me smoking under there roof. So I want to limit myself by not bringing any of my weed or anything else into the house, I just want to leave it in my car. I am also worried about the smell and don't want my car to reak like weed. People have told me to get a vape but I am worried about charging it, do they make car chargers? If not, are there any good cases that mask the smell well for pipes? Sorry for the long post.

3. Just smoke it when you're not in the house. yes there are cases you can buy. And yes you can get a car charger that has usb output. I have used one in the past. Also, if you keep a pipe clean, the smell shouldn't be an issue.

4. keeping weed/pipes in your car is asking for a problem, but it wouldnt be the first time thats been done. you can definitely find a smell proof container with some research, worst case just pad a mason jar

5. Awesome thanks. Any vapes you would recommend?

6. Honestly, I think the portable/pen vapes are useless, that's just my opinion. But, I know many who are satisfies with theirs. I have no doubt that another blade can recommend one though.

7. #7 reggie_watts, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    You should invest in a Pax, a portable vaporizer that is very discrete, easy to hide, and doesn't actually smell like weed even when you're vaping with it.

Also, if your parents are "all for legalizing weed," why are they so opposed to you using it? If they are open-minded individuals, then perhaps you should challenge them to rethink their opinion.

8. Get a good stash Jar. There are ones that are easily 100% smell proof. Vapes are kinda expensive, but a good investment.. Dont worry about charging it, that shouldn't be a problem at all. And yeah there are smell proof cases for pipes as well.!

10. #10 Notorious13, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    Trust me man I have challenged their opinions many times. The simple fact of the matter, is weed is illegal and there is no getting around that obviously. Back when I was in Highschool and I was pushing them to let me smoke, no matter how many times we watched the Union together, or how many articles I showed them it was always the same response, "it's illegal". They aren't worried about health or anything. But I was looking at the pax and they are kind of expensive but seem like a great option for me! Can you get car chargers for them? Or usb chargers?

11. Pad a mason jar with bud :smoking: no but really its your car right? i think youll be fine if you dont box your car. Just think discreet airtight and out of view also a good tip for hiding anything is dont make it look interesting (ie. Sonething i might pick up or ask about if i got a ride from you)

12. i have ran my desktop vape off a car before by using a laptop charger and most portable vapes have some sort of usb charger so it wouldnt be hard to find an adapter for your car look at the vape you want figuare out what type of charger it uses then just look for an adapter

if you decide to go with a pipe then id just wrap it up and put it in your mason jar with your weed no smells gunna escape

good on you for not bringing weed into your parents house most people now days have no respect for that kind of thing

13. Just rearrange your rooms set up so that your bed or something blocks the view of an outlet then charge it there if you're concerned about them seeing it

14. Thanks man!
    Yeah I am looking at the pax vaporizers right now and you can get car chargers for them. Still hesitent on spending 250$ on a vape though haha

15. Be careful about the pax. They are good but require some maintaining. They need frequent cleaning and the mouth piece needs to be lubricated occasionally otherwise it'll start giving you problems. I've heard good things consistently about the magic flight launch box and the arizer solo. Both are portable and cost less than the pax. The mflb has a large learning curve though. If charging is a problem then there are also portables that run off of butane. Look well into the vape section of the forums, it'll help lots with making a decision.

16. just buy papers or blunt wraps dont box your car just roll some doobs put them in a old pack of smokes or a plastic container u can buy at any smokeshop and your good to go

17. #17 reggie_watts, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015

Yep, they sell a car charger on the Ploom website. The charger that it comes with is not USB, just a standard wall power outlet.

Whenever someone gives you the "it's illegal" argument, there are two simple responses to give them:

1) Legality is not morality.

2) It is becoming increasingly legalized.

Unless you want to be a bitchmade citizen who follows the law no matter what it says, it's important to dissociate what is legal from what is right/good/healthy. Of course, I'm sure you agree with me, and perhaps your parents are dogmatic to no end. But I think it's rather easy to shoot down the legality argument.

18. Thanks for that. 

I've been looking into buying my first Vape and was actually thinking 
    about purchasing the Pax.

I've been researching the Pax on Youtube and the only negative I heard
    about it was that it begins to taste like rubber at some point.