Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How should i melt butter for brownies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Deleted member 923969, Dec 8, 2018.

1. I am decarbing right now gonna make cannabutter and i am stuck on the issue of properly melting the cannabutter without destroying the thc in it so i can used melted down butter in browniemix

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Heat it gently on the stove. It won't take much heat or take long.

3. Baking with whole herb is about twice as potent as making cannabutter first, using the same amount of original herb.
    Dosing Homemade Cannabis Edibles: Why It’s Nearly Impossible to Calculate Potency | Leafly

This is my favorite method for making edibles:
    1. Decarb the herb @ 240 F for 40 min using a verifying thermometer. Oven settings are unreliable.
    2. Grind to fine powder.
    3. Add the herb and approximately the same weight of lecithin to the oil of any recipe, and heat briefly until the lecithin dissolves.
    4. Quickly preheat the mixture to 220 F on a stove top, then bake at that temp for 20 min.
    5. Freeze the mixture, then thaw.
    6. Bake using the minimum possible time and temp, because too much more heat can reduce potency slightly. I bake for about 10 min @ 350 F in mini-muffin trays.

How much herb to use depends on tolerance.
    New users might need only 10 mg thc, but tolerant users might need more than 100 mg.
    Each gram of herb used will supply about 150 mg to the finished product.
    Whole herb does bother some stomachs, but it's rare.
    There will be very little herb taste if cookies/brownies are at least 10 g, and contain 1/4 g herb.

For example, I make small cookies for friends so that each cookie contains 1/4 g herb, which will supply about (0.15)*(250 mg) = 38 mg THC. Their low tolerance allows them to eat about 1/4 cookie, but some people might need several.

16 brownies is a common number for a box mix, and if you wanted to make these approximately 40 mg thc cookies/brownies, then you'd only need to use 4 g herb.

The baking heat will degrade some thc, but the recipe oil mostly "protects" it.

If you are skeptical, then you can test this with a gram of herb in at least 16 g nut butter or nutella instead of oil, following the steps above, but it won't taste good as it delivers 150 mg thc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Deleted member 923969, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018
    I decarb for 28 to 30 min in oven at 245 degrees stirring bud 10 min into it and once more 10 min later. then put in crockpot add entire one 16th oz of water bottle no sink water and 1 lb stick butter. Then cover and let it sit for 3 hours stirring once every hour then i strain my bud with a metal strainer and a good amount of smaller finely grounded bud will make it through but its better than having stems in the butter ill be doing my brownie mix and baking it tomrrow and eat me a slice. I used 2 ounces roughly of northern light bud

• Like Like x 1
  5. A pot of boiling water, with a metal mixing bowl, or ceramic bowl on top of that. This is how I combine my plant and fats as well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Instead of boiling water i was afarid of how hot that might get so i used the hottest my sink puts out it softened my butter to romm temp in 30 min not bad mixed well with my brownie mix i bought

7. Don't boil the butter,just melt it,add weed,and everything will be alright.Just let it sit on stove on low low heat and stir occasionally for about an hour.

8. Good tasting fudge brownies choclate masked most of the cannabutter taste nice and moist 1544360367470.jpg

9. Oh no! Don't tease,:D

• Like Like x 1