How should i light proof my new grow box?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Kerbob16, Oct 21, 2010.

1. #1 Kerbob16, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
    Hey gc, i havent been posting since my last grow journal. My 2 headed bitch bagseed died :( due to ph problems, nute burn, and i had problems with air circulation.. but im back for another grow and im going to make sure i dont run into old problems :D

The past 3 days ive been making this small grow box out of a dresser sitting in my room. Its not as big as my last grow box but it will definitely be more efficient. The reason for that is, im going to expiriment with a scrog screen to get the most out of my plants.

Ive covered pretty much everything i need to in my growbox.. i installed 3 computer fans (2 exhaust 1 intake), i made a cfl light fixture, got a temp/humidity reader, and found and old metal rack in my garage for scrog. That screen will be cleaned thoroughly before i start growing of course.

The one main thing i have left to do in this grow box, is make it completely light proof. As you can see in the pictures, ive covered all the edges inside with electrical tape. It does its job, but im having a hard time figuring out how to light proof the door area while still being able to open the doors.

I also need to make some sort of hoods to put over the fans at the back of the dresser so no light escapes.

Can you guys please help me out?

Attached Files:

2. if u c0an control heat go buy Mylar. if not keep the white walls

3. I was planning on keeping it white, but i need to know a good way to light proof the door area so i can still open it lol...

4. id put up panda wrap infront of the door and just use that with a zipper.. its a pain in the ass to try and seal something like that

5. go buy adhesive weatherstripping. then run it along the edges of the doors.

6. This is what i was going to say but he beat me to it, i had a similar issue, go to your local home depot or lowes or hardware store and pick up some weather stripping.

7. listen to this guy.... i foresee hermies

8. thanks everybody! i went to home depot today and got some foam weather stripping. I might have wasted my money, because its too big to fit in the cracks of the doors so i have to put it right behind them and make it fit into the edges.

This is the biggest pain in the ass ive ever dealt with, no matter what theres always a little bit of light coming from somewhere..

9. You just need the right size, i had the same issue i bought a big size at first, ended up having to tear it all off ( which is a huge pain in the ass ). Just measure the cracks and find a size that will be slightly larger than that.

10. you also might want to get some caulk for those little pinholes.