How should I go about trying to get this girl

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by ChipThaRipper, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Back story is i make beats and am starting to get some placements and people producing for play in some cool, major locations.

My mom went out and this girl that worked there asked her if I was her son. She said yeah and according to my mom then the girl said how I am really good at music and maybe I'll get signed and famous and things like that and asking how I was. My mom told me her name but I never met the girl, I facebooked her and she is a couple years younger than me from my town and went to my high school. I never even noticed her let alone met her but she is really pretty and now i'd like to meet her.

I'm figuring since she knew that much about me without ever meeting me that she wouldnt mind me talking to her but I dont want to come across desperate. And the job she works at is a woman's place. I guess I could add her on facebook but I think that would seem desperate but I always over think things lol.

Any advice?

And yes I posted this last night and accidently deleted it

2. Just request her on facebook, it's not desperate. She was asking YOUR MOM about YOU. She'll be pleasantly surprised with your friend request:)

3. You got your answer, thread done. Add her up, message her, meet up

4. Okay thanks guys I sent the request

5. Awh man.

My friends that are girls and my sister are always talking about how creepy it is when guys message them on Facebook and want to meet up.

I'd say forget Facebook, you already know she's cute. I'd start trying to get her number or something..

It sucks that you'd never see her coincidentally.

Then again, how weird would it be to get a text from someone you didn't know.

This is actually a good question, because you have all the right reasons to want to get ahold of her, from the sound of it she'd probably want to hangout.

It's just tough to come off as you put nothing into trying to get ahold of her, because that's where you want to be coming from.

Have you thought of anything yet?

6. Well I live in a pretty huge town with over 20,000 people so the odds of me just randomly running into her are pretty slim. I decided to just add her on facebook. I never met her and she knew that much about me and by the sound of it was pretty impressed by me so I figure adding her on facebook won't be too bad.

Plus its no more random than asking my mom if I was her son when I never even said a word to her before.

7. You're right man. Good luck! :smoking:

8. haha thanks hopefully she ends up being cool

9. Good luck.

10. #10 Gryphonics, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
    Music and Movie industry is dead as fuck, keep it as a hobby.

There's hundreds of millions of people like you who haven't realized "the American Dream" is dead and waste their time putting effort into something that gives no reward.

You have a better chance of winning the 50 mil lotto and even better finding out you have ass cancer in the 20's then you ever will "getting big"

Especially when intellectually music has declined that's it's not even hard to make "music" all you need is some shitty computer these days, it used to take soul and all your effort you can give.

Think of music back in the 1800s, then the early 1900's then move onto the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and from now on, look how stupid people are getting.

11. #11 ChipThaRipper, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
    It is a hobby. I'm a senior in college and already have a job lined up after. But even though it's a hobby I still take it seriously, that's just my personality, either I do something 100% or not at all. And trust me when I say the place it's getting played is an actual major place. Not some random place. It's known through out the country.

But I'm also making music with my computer haha.

12. Don't let those that want to throw negative BS you way get you down in any way.

It is a wonderful thing to be able to make music. Never let it go.

13. Chyeah, what this guy said. Good luck with the girl, but I doubt you need it. She wants it.