Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Should I Convince my Parents

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chipmunkdude, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Ok guys, so yes I still live with my parents, no it's not because I'm a loser I just go to college very close to their house and right now it makes a lot more sense financially to keep living here while I go to school. My parents are both pretty liberal which is a good thing lol. But I can tell from what they've said about it when it's come up in conversation that they aren't too fond of pot and definitely wouldn't be too fond of me smoking it (luckily I haven't been caught yet). I'm really getting tired of hiding it and I feel like if I could put together a good enough argument (including getting a vaporizer so it's healthy and a medical card so it's legal, I have OCD and insomnia so I could get a card no problem here in socal) I just don't see how they could be so against it, especially if I tell them that I've been smoking it since highschool and I have always prioritized school and my grades. What are your thoughts on it? Do you think I should even try, or just wait until I eventually get caught?

Oh and I just wanna add I know for a fact (my grandpa told me :) ) that my mom smoked pot when she was in highschool.

2. Lol, don't even try.....afterwards they'll start blaming everything that doesn't go right on you smoking weed.

3. [quote name='"sith"']Lol, don't even try.....afterwards they'll start blaming everything that doesn't go right on you smoking weed.[/quote]

That's what happened to me, it's horrible.

4. That's the exact thing im afraid of :(

5. Im 100% honest with my parents. My parents know i grow and smoke weed. I tell them that im smart about the whole thing. like I have a card. I only pick up from secure sources now, and i dont deal the weed i grow to other. Also when i was living with them and going to a local JC i was maintaining a 3.8GPA.

They dont like me smoking, but they let me and now are cool with it. But if i smoke at home their are rules like no smoking in the house etc.

Just be honest.

Evil

6. Choose your style now, sneaky and stealthy or Brutally Honest and up front. I went with a mixture of the two, essentially only bringing in the honesty when my mom caught me ripping a gravity 20 minutes before school. x)

Your best bet? Move out. Parents convince you, not the other way around.

7. I guess I'll just go with sneaky and stealthy until I can move out lol, I got my mini magnet transformer pipe, my sploof and my incense. Good to go!

8. Yeah, thing about being stealthy is you really need to only smoke at certain times. And I don't know about you but if I had a tuesday off I was going to wake and bake, and unf my mom was there almost every tuesday.

Point being stealthy, or true stealth, means you need to smoke at smart times, not just when you wanna get high. Unfortunately. :[

9. Be honest, my mum went ape shit when she found out i was smoking tobacco as a kid... very often get snide remarks thrown my way for being a smoker. They 'let me' (knew i was going to) try weed for the first time at 14 and have never really brought it up... if you still live with them i doubt they havent cottoned on to it at least once, they probobally just dont know how to bring it up, if i were you id be open and honest. If you, like me believe that moderate cannabis use can only enhance your life, share the message with your family and encourage them to partake... While on holiday abroad me (quite young) and my dad were walking along a beach at night and got to talking to someone who offered him some hash... knew my dad would have been up for it had i not been there (he sorta ummed and arred and looked at me sorta thing). Hes recently done his back in and is on alot of painkillers for the next few months so im definately gunna offer him a few joints of some organically grown kush next time im over there. Think about how much better your life would be if you could smoke ganja in front of your parents... theres no way that cant really happen if you put a good argument to them :)

10. Dumb.

11. [quote name='"MayorMcStoned"']

Dumb.[/quote]

What...

12. Its pretty dumb to suggest that a biased pro marijuana propaganda film is the fix all to the problems anyone has with smoking weed.
    Some blades like to think that showing a non pot smoker this movie will "open their eyes" to all the bullshit behing keeping marijuana illegal. In reality, it is more likely to make them confused, angry and upset.

Op, if youre going to tell your rents, present a cogent argument about how it makes you feel. tell them your personal feelings about it and why you smoke. Dont use a bunch of facts about hemp and pot like the govt is lying to us, etc.
    Theyll be more likely to listen, esp. your mom imo.

13. Well you don't just go "Hurp derp hay mom watch this pot movie," you have to talk to them first. The union presents a ton of factual, non biased info on the prohibition, health effects, and medical benifits of weed. Doesn't sound dumb to me.

14. Hummm... How about explaining that instead of posting "the union" like it by itself is gonna solve ops problems?

And yes, obviously the makers of the film are biased, theyre pro pot.
    Making someone watch a propaganda film is not the best way to get them to agree with you or even see your point. Especially your parents.

The best way is to talk to them like an adult or not get caught.

15. [quote name='"MayorMcStoned"']

Hummm... How about explaining that instead of posting "the union" like it by itself is gonna solve ops problems?

And yes, obviously the makers of the film are biased, theyre pro pot.
    Making someone watch a propaganda film is not the best way to get them to agree with you or even see your point. Especially your parents.

The best way is to talk to them like an adult or not get caught.[/quote]

My bad for not explaining, but you only replied with "dumb." For all I knew you could've been trolling me.

On the subject of the union being biased, I guarantee that if there was anything bad to say about weed, they would have mentioned it. There's just simply nothing bad about it.

16. From the day I started I said that if they asked if I smoked I'd say i do. They are very agenst it... Or atleast I thought they were when I ended up telling them they just said don't get in trouble but other then that they don't care.. Dude just me honest

17. [quote name='"Mardhyn"']Yeah, thing about being stealthy is you really need to only smoke at certain times. And I don't know about you but if I had a tuesday off I was going to wake and bake, and unf my mom was there almost every tuesday.

Point being stealthy, or true stealth, means you need to smoke at smart times, not just when you wanna get high. Unfortunately. :[[/quote]

Unless your badass like me, 4 pm (or when ever) go out, smoke a bowl, walk in, good. With my parents on the floor above me. But my mom doesn't care now as long as I don't do it around here (but I'm in college now so im always just smoking in the frat all day err day) :D

18. Dude before I inhaled I told my mom I was gonna smoke. She was like a life saver. She used buy my pieces before I was 18

19. [quote name='"Broseph Radson"']

My bad for not explaining, but you only replied with "dumb." For all I knew you could've been trolling me.

On the subject of the union being biased, I guarantee that if there was anything bad to say about weed, they would have mentioned it. There's just simply nothing bad about it.[/quote]

Ignorance is bliss isn't it?