How short can the plant be to bloom?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gibbson_e, Aug 21, 2006.

1. I plan to grow it in a long, boxed shelf, but it's close to the ceiling leaving it with a height space of only 30". It's width is 11" and over 9' in length.

I just want to know if that's enough height for it to bloom some bud. If so, I'm a happy guy :) how should I tend its height, just nip the remaining off?

2. Use LST (Low Stress Training), you tie the plant down so it gets bushier and produces more buds while staying small. That's a very small space your growing in, you gotta have some good ventilation. What kind of lights are you going to use? With the lights in there and all there might not be enough room to grow. Ahh but hell what do I know, I'm still a n00b at this

3. ^^ Yeah use LST.

How short can the plant be to bloom?

Over a foot.

4. well if your height it can be is 30 inches your pot would be like 6 inches leaving 2 feet of growth your plant can be. id use some floros for that height so they can touch the plant and not burn it. veg until about 11 inches and you could expect the plant to get about double its height during flower. also topping and tieing down branches could increase yield. does this help
    ?

5. Below link is a plant from seed, that was simply left in 12/12 from the getgo, final result was 18 inch bud. You could go this route as but seeing it will be indoors you will have to put alot of light on it so it doesnt stretch, this particular plant was 100% outdoors. Strain was PPP.

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=110350

6. You can pull it off with LST. I'm doing a small cabinet grow with only 28'' in height, it's flowering and doing fine. I trained it around the edge of the pot, in a sorta spiral. The tip of the main cola is probably only 6-8 inches from the top of the pot. It's my first grow though, only expect a quarter, I regret not growing it out more during veg, and not taking clones.

7. 18" after 2 1/2 months of simple 12/12 light.... wow.

That plant is perfect. After doing research I was going to go for the lowryder strain, but this is best for me. Plus, it's cloneable :)

I'm ordering PPP, thanks. :)

8. so it is possible to harvest a plant early and all bud with the 12/12 cycle from seed? if so should u grow it with all light in the red spectrum to promote the flowering or use red and blue or what? and does it matter on the strain or could u do this with any strain? thanks for any help...:smoking: