how shall i start?...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by purplepunch, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Ok..so I get my hands on good chrons daily lets just say... Anyhow, I gathered a few good lookin beaners from some of my ozs and need to go on from here. Just startin to plan cuz i have a place now but am movin to my own house with a bud soon enough. That bein said, lemme get to the point. I've read various guides from lighting to germing to well just about all the basics and more so I have all the knowledge to get goin myself. My ?'s are these..should i just start with a basic flouro light and just soil and bagseed? Or should I invest a little more initially like an HPS or actual strain seeds? Just a few basic ?'s I'm sure ill have more if i can get this operation off the ground. Thanks and hope you can help.:smoke:

2. If you already have bag seeds and want to really get into it and grow a real strain you will have a few weeks until seeds arrive if your ordering them. It might be interesting to plant one or two bag seeds and buy 2 cfl's while your waiting for the strain in the mail so you can have a few weeks experience and then pick up an HPS when your ready to tackle the strain. You might also find out you like the CFL's and just grow that way.

I learned a lot from my first grow. even though it was ugly as hell I managed to bud it, and it smoked pretty good

Just a suggestion.

3. thanks rob, it sounds like a challenge i'd like to tackle regardless. cuz we all know in this bizzness its all about your own experiences that will get you those super dupers! If I start a few plants at a house with like a spare room how would i tackle that? darken the room and one thing i have no clue about is ventillation systems. any help is always appreciated

4. I have a q as well, i didnt want to start my own thread for it though. I just germed two bag seeds for fun and planted them in pretty small solo cups (half the size of regular solos) w/ drainage. I know your not supposed to overwater and im trying not to but the cups are pretty small and I feel like they dry out quickly. I stick my finger like an inch into the soil, but its hard to tell, it always feels dry. How damp should it be? Is it unreasonable for me to be giving them like a little water twice a day?

5. Bortron5000 don't hijack other people threads post your own.

I don't really do big grows. I use cfl's and only grow a few at a time (4 right now) since I don't really smoke..HaHA. I just enjoy growing so really the only times i toke is when I harvest. how big is the space you plan on growing in? If it's gonna be a big space I'll let someone else answer those questions cause I never had to darken or ventilate a whole room. It shouldn't be that hard though. I just have a few computer fans on mine. obviously you would have to go a little bigger if you had an HPS lamp. what the size on the room?

read what 20fan posted it has so good stuff on there